Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive is looking for a talented Senior Analyst, People Systems - Workday with a proven track record leveraging Workday globally in a way that will enable the enterprise, all Intuitive managers and employees, to perform in an effective and efficient manner. You’ll play a key role in our global Workday implementation project, working and collaborating with key stakeholders, assisting with data conversion, and advising on tenant configuration. After go-live you will be responsible for system escalations, driving configuration projects ranging from low to high complexity and impact, managing system upgrades, and supporting data governance in partnership with cross-functional teams. This is an ideal role for an established HR Information Systems professional who takes initiative and wants to be part of a collaborative and ever evolving team supporting a fast-growing company by optimizing Workday and HR processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provide global Workday functional subject matter expertise to assist in the implementation and maintenance of Intuitive’s HCM suite (Core, Comp, Performance, Absence, etc.) Possess the functional, technical, and analytical abilities sufficient for the configuration and maintenance of Workday applications, including experience with Workday business processes, security, and configuration in multiple functional areas.
- Participate in the global Workday implementation project team (multi-year project)
- Regularly evaluate current state of systems and proactively identify opportunities for improvement with stakeholder feedback and buy-in.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, IT and the greater HRIS Analyst team to ensure enhancements are optimally designed, configured, and work well within Intuitive’s systems infrastructure
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and reliability of people systems, ensuring applications meet the ongoing needs, requirements, and objectives of the organization.
- Responsible for identifying risks during product development as well as developing mitigation efforts to address, as needed.
- Develop detailed test plans, test scripts, and execute testing to deliver a thorough, bug free solution.
- Use your wide-ranging experience, professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to represent function/department at the highest levels, including executives and senior management.
- Assist with preparation of training materials, guides, and documentation, as needed.
- Provide user demo/training and hands-on support, as needed, to enable system launches and enhancements.
- Partner with IT to ensure system compliance with data security and privacy requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and developments in people systems and vendors utilized by organization.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and to senior leadership.
- Provide on-going feedback to teams and peers across organizations and teams in order to help drive systems adoption.
- Support technical troubleshooting and issues with vendors and technology partners.
- Handle multiple vendor relationships and drive key product enhancements on behalf of Intuitive
- Collaborate with our internal employee support teams and project management teams on process documentation, communication and training.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 8 years of HCM system administration/management experience including at least 3+ years Workday global configuration experience across multiple modules and countries
- Solid experience in Scrum or similar Agile development methodology
- Expertise in Workday Core HCM, Advanced Compensation, Time Tracking, Recruiting, Talent and/or other.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Recent Workday full life cycle implementation - multiple countries a plus
- Workday Certification and/or Lead Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- Functional knowledge across Human Resources Modules – including Core HCM, Advanced Compensation, Payroll
- Deep experience in Absence and/or Time Tracking a plus
- Knowledge of Security configuration in Workday.
- Custom Reports & Calculated Fields
- Familiar with wider HR technology landscape such as ATS, Recruiting, Custom API Integrations (Python, Azure) and Service Delivery platforms.
- The ability to influence and negotiate in a complex matrix environment.
- Familiarity with US and Global data privacy laws, GDPR and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Comfortable operating in fast-changing environments and creating clarity out of ambiguity.
- Strong customer orientation and superb communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly with both technical and functional audiences. Strong personal and technical social skills.
- Experience with global / international company with employee populations across Americas, Europe, and Asia.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.