Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
In this role, you will own manufacturing content for new PCA and electro-mechanical subassembly product introductions. You will lead/contribute to projects which include incorporating PCA configuration and security provisioning into manufacturing process. You will get the opportunity to leverage your technical experience and energy to develop and enhance ISI products improving efficacy, reliability, serviceability, manufacturability and cost.
With the right combination of demonstrated skill and experience from candidate, this role will be suitable for Senior level adjustment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, document, and maintain low-to-mid volume manufacturing line focused on PCA configuration and cyber security provisioning.
- Lead and actively participate in projects, both individual and on cross-functional teams, focused on new PCA and electrical system introduction and early reliability improvements
- Develop, release, and maintain PCA documentation related to design, assembly, and test
- Monitor, document, and analyze PCA yield throughout pre-production builds to identify yield improvement opportunities
- Document and support process validation efforts for PCA and electrical system products
- Provide technical support, including failure analysis for discrepant production components and assemblies demonstrating ability to drive to root cause and corrective action
- Provide training and support to Production Technicians
- Present early manufacturing data at formal Design Reviews
- Serve as primary interface with PCA vendors, contract manufacturers and internal personnel for PCA component and process quality issues and outsourcing initiatives
- Assist Quality and Procurement organizations with auditing and evaluation of potential suppliers for PCA components, Fabs, assemblies, and test services
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e. EE, ME, CS)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering role working with electronics
- Previous experience working on configuration (programming sequence) process of complex PCAs with SoC/ASIC/FPGA
- Strong knowledge of electronic components, PCB and PCA construction processes including panelization, material selection, RoHS, press-fit connectors, solderablity, manufacturing line thermal profiles, etc
- Strong technical skills in prototyping and troubleshooting from engineering documentation
- Skilled in using Agile PDM is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Comfortable interacting with technicians, engineers, and management
- Experience with SoC security provisioning process highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to represent the company to its partners, suppliers, and vendors
- Good project organization skills - experience with JIRA/Confluence tools a plus
- Working knowledge of standard PCA inspection processes such as AOI and XOI (5DX)
- Familiar with IPC standards such as IPC 2220 and IPC 610 for PCBs and PCAs
- ISO9001 or experience in medical device manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work on multiple projects at once
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $116,900 USD - $168,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $99,300 USD - $142,900 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.