Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The person in this position will be expected to work with a cross-functional team to develop surgical planning software for minimally invasive robotics system, to improve the early diagnosis of lung cancer diseases. Successful candidates will have experience in algorithm development, software design and development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the full cycle of the development of surgical planning software
- Understand clinical requirements and develop technical specifications.
- Design, prototype, and implement user-facing software and computer vision / medical image analysis algorithms.
- Iterate with user feedback and deliver production-ready code.
- Support system integration and testing.
- Generate formal design documentation.
- Prepare and review patent applications.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum MS or PhD degree in CS, EE, BME, radiology or related fields
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in the state-of-the-art medical imaging analysis, and machine learning algorithms
- Knowledge and experience in one or multiple areas: image segmentation / registration.
- Proficiency in programming using C++ or Python, and experience with modern software design pattern.
- Familiar with one or more tools and libraries: OpenCV, PyTorch / TensorFlow, ITK / VTK.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of point cloud-based / graph-based algorithms is a plus.
- Experience of computer vision / camera pose estimation / SLAM / structure from motion / image reconstruction is a plus.
- Experience with software development process in a regulated medical device environment is a plus.
- Knowledge in the lung disease measurement and analysis based on CT and chest images is a strong plus.
- Minimum 4+ years of software development experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in relevant algorithm development
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $176,300 USD - $253,700 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $149,900 USD - $215,700 USD
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.