Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you’ll be joining the team responsible for developing several generations of our flagship product, the daVinci Xi, to develop new surgical robotic systems. You’ll have the opportunity and responsibility to own end-to-end development of your features. From concept to cross functional requirements gathering, to implementation, test and verification, success is in your hands. You will use C++ & object-oriented programming skills to develop robust software for reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability of our next generation surgical robot.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop software interfaces that integrate peripheral devices (e.g. electro-surgical generator) into the robotic system.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to develop technical specifications and evaluate release schedule.
- Perform software hazard analysis and develop software with safety mitigations in mind.
- Define and implement customer facing workflows in collaboration with clinical and user experience engineers.
- Work with cross-functional teams across all phases of the software development life cycle including prototype, design, implementation, debug, V&V, and release.
- Act as software representative, responding to field and manufacturing issues by conducting root cause analysis and providing practical solutions or mitigations.
- Minimum 8 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years of experience and a Master's degree; or equivalent experience
- Hands-on software development experience in object-oriented C++
- Strong ability to isolate and debug interdependent software/hardware problems
- Experience with Python and/or Shell scripting
- Ability to deliver and support complex software solutions on tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical degree in a STEM field is preferred
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $176,300 USD - $253,700 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $149,900 USD - $215,700 USD
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.