Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Functions of Position:
This position will be a key technical member of the NPI team and will lead/assist in setting up manufacturing lines, creating manufacturing processes, and execute improvement projects to support new product launches.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Setup NPI pilot line for developing manufacturing/testing processes for new products to support new product design verification and validation.
- Develop and advise on special processes such as laser welding, adhesive gluing and potting, and reflow soldering.
- Write IQOQPQ protocols and reports for process validation and lead/conduct the process validation activities.
- Work closely with Test SW and HW Development, New Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Quality Engineering, Quality Engineering, and other functions to resolve all technical issues to ensure successful design transfer, Process Performance Qualification (PPQ) for product release.
- Analyze the test results against the product design requirement, conduct data analysis (for correlation, cause/effect etc. studies) to support new product development and design verification and validation.
- Characterize the manufacturing processes, execute DOEs, identify critical parameters for process control, improve process robustness to meet/exceed pre-specified manufacturing process performance metrics targets.
- Lead/work in a cross functional team to resolve major technical issues.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum 10 years (or 7 years with advanced degree) of experience in process development and improvement in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experiences with complex medical device assembly process and testing
- Strong skills in problem solving and using MiniTab, Python, SQL, Tableau and/or other SW tools for data analysis to identify root cause and drive corrective actions
- Knowledge and experiences in using CAD (SolidWorks) to design aids and/or fixtures for manufacturing or testing
- Knowledge and experiences in optics and image test and analysis a plus
- Knowledge and experiences in adhesives, welding, and/or soldering a plus
- Knowledge and experiences with various failure analysis techniques highly desired
- Excellent team work skills with proven ability to work with a cross functional team and drive for timely project success
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Knowledge and experiences with six sigma methodology highly desired
- Experiences with Agile or similar product lifecycle management tool preferred
- Experience in Medical Device Manufacturing (including GMP, MDD, ISO), familiarity with ISO 13485 a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $165,600 USD - $238,400 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $140,800 USD - $202,600 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.