At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive seeks a strong technical contributor who can help define practical, useful quality metrics and specifications, identify key opportunities for product improvement, launch quality initiatives, lead projects to implement these initiatives, and serve as an expert consultant to help solve the most technically challenging quality problems. The ideal candidate possesses a broad base of experience and a high level of technical depth in at least two technical specialties applicable to medical robotics and optics, and is equally at home in the test lab and providing technical leadership to our team as we develop standard practices of our organization. You will not abide “process red tape”, instead passionately seeking the most efficient way to build in product quality. And you will also coach, mentor, teach, and influence the engineering staff in best quality practices, data analysis, protocol development, and design for quality and reliability methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- New Product Development and Sustaining/Manufacturing Support
- Handle projects of various product and subsystem/component types (electrical, mechanical, optical, etc).
- Develop measurable goals for quality.
- Lead Quality Table meetings.
- Ensuring that the essential performance aspects are mitigated in the product quality plans.
- Identify critical elements of designs. Recommend design processes and methods to meet quality goals: DFX, etc.
- Provide guidance to other engineers regarding applicable regulatory and statutory requirements and the applicability of these requirements to the ISI products.
- Plan and create quality standards, quality control, and quality assurance procedures, plans, test methods, fixtures, and processes for incoming materials and finished devices.
- Ensure process compliance through the design and development of comprehensive procedures including work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, and other product or process related documentation, for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Analyze and disposition of discrepant material.
- Support manufacturing processes, including failure analysis, documentation review and approval, tooling qualification, inspection method qualification, and defect containments.
- Support development and execution of process validation and verification test plans, protocols, and reports.
- Support development and execution of manufacturing line qualification plans, protocols, and reports.
- Failure Analysis
- Provide quality expertise to the quality engineering support team to analyze the product failure.
- Perform deep technical failure analysis based on the physics of failure.
- Review and interpret complex data analysis rooted in an understanding of our product hardware and software, the physics of failure, and the use conditions in the clinical / operating room environment.
- Quality Advocacy and Project Management
- Process and review various types of Quality Notifications and Change Orders.
- Develop and apply corporate level quality metrics.
- Lead and project manage quality initiatives in one or more of these focus areas: Product Quality, Data Quality, Process Quality.
- Perform mock audits and Gemba walks to ensure compliance with ISI QMS.
- Develop, lead and communicate intercompany Quality Engineering projects.
- Any other Quality Engineering related function/responsibility as directed by the manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- Education: Bachelor degree in electrical, mechanical or system engineering, math, or physics. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of working experience in Quality Engineering, minimum 3 years in medical device design or manufacturing environment.
- Able to navigate quality and compliance system with minimal oversight on individual projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of CFR 21 820/ ISO 13485 requirements for making process or design changes.
- Understands product risk management, experience in generate FMEA and process FMEA.
- Understands Design Controls, Change Controls, Product, and Engineering Processes.
- Proficient with generate and execute Qualification and Validation protocol and Quality Assurance Procedures.
- Experienced in leading product containment and rework activities.
- Proficient in SPC & Six Sigma methodology and tools (e.g. uses DMAIC process and basic tools such as 5 Why's, control charts, fishbone diagram).
- Understands typical Excel data analysis operations (e.g. Vlookup, Pivot table and pivot chart functions) Able to create Multi-source report, trends, and interprets data with minimal oversight.
- Capable of thinking independently and make decision based on limited information.
- Capable of initiating improvement discussion and lead the team toward the goal.
- Can present information in various forms and forums, collaborates with peers across functions. Experience in presenting to cross functional mgmt. communications. (e.g. report writing, presentations, QRB presenter).
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.