Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of this Position:
This position is a senior leadership role in the Intuitive IT Business Applications team with responsibility to operate as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to the Intuitive HR, Legal, and Enterprise Learning functions. This role will provide an entry point for business leaders and key stakeholders to request Business Applications services. The Senior Director, Business Applications will drive long term strategic vision to ensure end-to-end planning for technology enabled business solutions. Additionally, this role executes against defined roadmaps to achieve impactful business outcomes, managing a team of highly skilled and committed technology resources, and maintaining accountability to budget and operational KPIs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility for
- Business relationships, application performance, and the identification and delivery of new and existing application services to meet HR, Legal, and Enterprise Learning known and emerging needs.
- Building, managing, and delivering a portfolio of technology programs and projects that improve business process capabilities, including Workday HCM.
- Maintaining Business Capability Map (BCM) deliverables and developing and managing an Applications roadmap working with the senior management of the business.
- Directing and evaluating feasibility studies, project scoping and project planning for business applications projects in partnership with functional stakeholder and leadership teams.
- Directing execution of a broad range of technical projects –balancing competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risks.
- Establishing priorities and schedules for business application projects.
- Overseeing project execution and actively manage the project portfolio.
- Promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and development.
- Managing relationships with various technology, vendor, and business communities to achieve project objectives across the project portfolio.
- Providing recommendations to preserve the integrity of business processes across various changes and technology domains to ensure the delivery of holistic integrated solutions.
- Participating in the development of applications strategy and the identification of design and technical architectures to support business strategic intent.
- Conducting risk management planning, identification, analysis, and monitoring on projects in partnership with the IT PMO team.
- Partnering with the Business Applications operations and development teams to ensure effective and continuous support of the Production applications including system modifications and maintenance.
To adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- A minimum 10+ years managing Business Applications operations and teams of multi-discipline managers and individual contributors in high paced, dynamic, and growing environments.
- Minimum Undergraduate in CIS or equivalent
- Experience successfully leading complex high stakes projects and critical vendor engagements, with specific experience and depth in the HR and Workday HCM domain.
- Possess a strong business and customer/client focus.
- Ability to interact and influence a variety of users, senior management, and executive leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation, leadership & organizational skills.
- Strong program/project management skills –demonstrated success in large project implementations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities. Ability to translate relevant business concepts to efficient system driven processes.
- Experience with deep understanding of IT Applications and Technology.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and influence capability required.
- Ability to inspire and motivate global teams across technology and functional domains.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $230,800 USD - $346,200 USD
Base Salary Range Region 2: $196,200 USD - $294,200 USD
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.