Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The da Vinci® Clinical Sales Manager plays a critical role in building and developing the clinical field sales team within his/her region. The major responsibilities are to manage and direct the clinical utilization of the da Vinci® Surgical System within their installed base. This will include managing installations, training and utilization growth within their assigned region and the hiring, training, and development of da Vinci Clinical Sales team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Being a clinical expert with regards to targeted da Vinci procedures.
- Develop and implement clinical sales activities to achieve and exceed goals set by senior management.
- Expand clinical usage in all existing accounts.
- Expand clinical usage by selling and training new surgeons in all specialties applicable to the da Vinci® Surgical System.
- Manage training and education process within installed base.
- Lead new system installation process.
- Prospect for new system installations and system upgrades to existing base.
- Provide clinical sales team with new product information or new information on existing products.
- Collaborate closely with Capital, Sales Support and Enabling Functions (Marketing, MACA, Genesis, Customer Service, Customer Success, etc.) to implement new strategies and programs as directed by senior management.
- Support the assigned Clinical Sales team on closing deals, sales presentations, customer visits.
- Work collaboratively with Government affairs, Media, MACA, GAVE, Clinical affairs, Marketing teams on strategies.
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead a Clinical sales team within assigned territory.
- Diagnose knowledge gaps within your teams and implement training plans accordingly.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- University Degree or equivalent in life science or business discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience including 5 or more years in medical device sales.
- Strong background in clinical sales and business acumen.
- Results oriented: a proven track record of establishing clear expectations, setting objectives, and delivering.
- Proven experience in developing, coaching, and training a sales role in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrate ability to build and lead a team.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a matrix organization and rallying disparate groups.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Remote sales management.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution.
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 75% of the time