Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Principal Payroll Tax & Reporting Lead is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization’s North American in-house payroll tax compliance (federal, state, and local tax) and ensuring enforcement of corporate payroll policies. In addition, the role will be responsible for leading various external and internal reporting requirements that include Workers’ Comp Reporting to various government agencies and more. This role will own the cross-functional relationship with Corporate Tax and the Payroll department becoming a subject matter expert that drives organizational efficiencies and cost savings. In addition, this role will provide excellent customer service to our internal and external customers and oversee the relationship and spend with external consultants that assist in payroll tax related matters.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage Payroll Tax compliance and reporting for all filings frequencies including daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Partner with the payroll processing team and ADP to ensure accurate and timely calculation, reporting, and payment of payroll taxes for multiple jurisdictions and frequencies.
- Responsible for filing and initiating payments for in-house payroll taxes not filed by ADP.
- Coordinate year-end efforts to ensure accurate W-2s and other annual tax filings.
- Ensure proper setup and maintenance of local withholding codes for employer and employees in the payroll system.
- Monitor and stay up to date with changes in federal, state, and local payroll tax laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Manage state unemployment insurance rates (SUI) and ADP company profiles to ensure that rates are accurate and updated within ADP SmartCompliance.
- Establish and manage best practices and procedures to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement strong internal controls related to payroll tax processes, compliance, and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and automation to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Conduct regular payroll tax audits and reviews for accurate tax funding to ensure compliance.
- Reconcile payroll tax data with general ledger accounts and resolve any discrepancies.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve payroll tax-related issues and discrepancies.
- Collaborate with payroll, HR, and finance teams to gather necessary data for tax reporting and filings.
- Lead and provide support during internal and external payroll tax audits and prepare necessary documentation; respond to auditor inquiries as needed.
- Partner across the organization to lead reporting efforts for miscellaneous regulatory filings including workers’ compensation reporting and more.
- Provide a consistent, high-level of customer service.
- Oversee and manage relationship with external consultants.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CPP/FPC certification a plus.
- Minimum (6+) years of payroll tax multi-state and federal compliance
- Experience using ADP Vantage for payroll preferred.
- Experience as a results-oriented professional who has a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail and is proactive.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, IF statements) and MS Word.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task, meet all deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers within the organization.
- Excellent organization skills: ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required.
- May require occasional travel to corporate offices in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Must be able to commit to onsite work on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $101,700 - $146,300
Base Salary Range Region 2: $86,400 - $124,400
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.