Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a key member of the People Services and Solutions Global team, the Director, Regional People Services for Americas, will lead the continued evolution and growth demands of building a high performing People Services Team. This role is responsible for driving results through excellence in execution coupled with exemplary customer service and support. Responsible for driving operational improvement and service excellence by monitoring the performance of the team, improving responsiveness, and ensuring we are compliant, efficient, scalable and reflect the employee experience we are accountable to.
This broad HR position will oversee excellence in delivery of both global, low complexity HR shared services customer service support requests as well as our more complex HR shared services customer support requests from our Americas employee population (US, Canada, Mexico). This role will be focused on continuous improvement, harmonization of policy and process documentation and global process design in partnership with other internal customer groups: People Solutions, Employee Relations & Compliance, and larger HR teams (People Systems, Centers of Expertise, HR Business Leaders).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will lead a team of 30+ high performing People Services Team being with responsibilities for both global, high volume employee lifecycle support (hire to retire, performance management, low-complexity employee relations, pre-payroll, talent acquisition and talent management) as well as Americas Regional support for more complex, high value employee transactions for our US and Mexico-based employees.
- Ensure the People Services team is results driven through excellence in customer service by responding in a timely, accurate, and value-added delivery of highly effective HR services reflecting our Intuitive culture and desired employee experience.
- Provide line management and strong program leadership by prioritizing clear deliverables and progress against goals and objectives. Ensure the entire team is capable to execute and deliver. Ability to identify problem areas in service delivery processes and recommend solutions in cooperation with key stakeholders.
- Monitor adherence to and comply with Intuitive Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Provide inputs to enhancement of HR SLAs to better define expectations and create accountability for delivering of HR services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated complex cases. Take initiative and actions to identify root causes and design process and training changes in liaison with other key stakeholders and HR Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Demonstrate ability to drive ongoing improvements through standardizing, automating, and consolidating processes in support of HR strategic goals. Identify problem areas in service delivery processes, troubleshoot issues and recommend solutions in cooperation with other HR functions.
- In cooperation with HR stakeholders and People Solutions Partners, regularly re-evaluate global processes, programs and enterprise initiatives for achieving desired outcomes that meet our customer expectations while balancing the need for standardization, scale and efficiency.
- Provide feedback and insight to help inform requirements for localization to ensure compliance with local labor laws and market benchmarks.
- Propose, create, and execute HR internal controls. Collaborate with key partners, including People Systems and Payroll, to ensure appropriate internal controls and audits are in place.
- Monitor and oversee the team’s performance, training, and development.
- Contribute to updates to People Services Knowledge Base to enable more self-service capabilities.
- Partner with HR Systems and Services to build dashboards & reporting to enable monitoring and improvement of service delivery.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in HR, or Business Administration; advanced degree in HR or Business preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant experience in a similar role in a global organization, preferably in med-tech or tech industries
- 7+ years of experience in leading an HR shared service or operations team and applying service delivery framework.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma, process improvement, and implementation of HRIS and Service Management tools.
- Extensive experience implementing and/or maintaining a centralized case management system and using case and other data to continuously diagnose and improve programs, collaborating with and influencing changes with program owners and other stakeholders.
- Full working knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment labor laws, regulations, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate local and remote teams.
- Excellent collaboration skills with ability to influence across the organization.
- Analytical skills with the ability to resolve a wide variety of complex issues or problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to pivot and work with synergized competing initiatives and indicates aligned goals.
- Experience with the following tools a plus: Oracle, Workday, ServiceNow and ATS systems
- 8+ years of experience in leading projects and developing standardized processes a plus.
- HR certification is preferred.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $202,000 - $303,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $171,700 - $257,500
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.