Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of the Position: The Learning Experience Architect will play a critical role in shaping learning strategies and experiences that support the growth and engagement of Intuitive employees. This role will report to the Director of Talent Practices in our People Growth and Engagement center of excellence (COE). This role will provide learning design expertise, consulting, and support across multiple global talent programs, processes, solutions, and technologies. This role will collaborate with key partners across Human Resources to help envision and improve the user and learner experience. To succeed in this role, the individual needs to effectively consult on learning experiences and outcomes, as well as design and develop individual learning solutions across multiple modalities.
Roles & Responsibilities (Specific responsibilities and tasks an individual would be expected to perform in the role)
- Consult with HR and key stakeholders on learning needs, objectives, and experiences to design effective and efficient learning solutions that achieve desired outcomes.
- Define learning experience business requirements and participate in corporate learning efforts to develop and advance a learning technologies roadmap for employee learning at Intuitive.
- Manage functionality, user experience, admin training, document libraries, and training records in our learning experience platform Percipio and Aperian.
- Design and develop visually appealing learning and user experiences on various digital, HTML / GUI, and mobile-enabled technologies, including Percipio, ServiceNow, and Intuitive’s internal Unily intranet platform.
- Consult with learning program leads and key stakeholders to help design and develop effective learning programs and solutions – blended learning curriculum, instructor-led (In-Person and Virtual) workshops, eLearning, and other delivery models.
- Design and develop performance support materials for increased learning application, on-the-job use, and post-training pull-through, including measurement of successful knowledge transfer.
- Cross-collaborate with Information Technology (IT) and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) partners to ensure appropriate data mapping and learning measures align across learning platforms.
- Partner with our Employment Brand/Employment Value Proposition (EVP), Internal Communications, and Marketing/Branding teams to design and maintain learning solutions aligned with corporate brand standards and content strategies.
- Explore and provide expertise on evolving learning technologies for learning design, delivery and translation.
Required Skills and Experience (Specific skills, knowledge, and experience that an individual must possess to perform in the role successfully)
- At least 12 years of learning consulting experience, advising internal and external clients on effective learning solutions.
- At least 12 years of experience in learning design and development, using a variety of platforms and AICC/SCORM authoring tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Articulate Rise & Storyline 360, Percipio, HTML and GUI interfaces, AI Authoring Tools, etc.)
- Experience designing learning solutions for in-person, virtual classroom, and digital learning experiences.
- Experience designing learning curricula for multiple levels of learners – employees, leadership, and executives.
- Expert-level graphics design competency (icons, infographics, workbook design, presentation imagery) across multiple modalities and digital platforms.
- Production experience with virtual classroom delivery systems (e.g., Zoom, Adobe Connect)
- Ability to effectively communicate across multiple stakeholders and levels.
- Experience in designing and deploying global learning solutions and programs.
- Ability to set priorities and deliver results independently with limited supervision.
- Strong partnership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Expert consultative and project intake skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of tools, used in creating and editing presentation decks, training materials, and metrics/reporting.
Required Education and Training (Specific education and training that an individual must possess to perform in the role successfully)
- Minimum Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree required.
Working Conditions (Any Physical requirements for the role. If not applicable, state “none”)
- Ability to successfully work remotely with limited supervision.
- Ability to successfully perform job responsibilities on a computer for most of the workday.
- Available to work periodic evenings or weekends to deliver on critical priorities, quick turns, or urgent requests.
Preferred Skills & Experience (Specific skills, knowledge, and experience that are not required to perform the role but are desirable to have).
- Instructional design and graphics design certification or education preferred.
- Use of advanced digital learning technologies to design and deploy innovative learning solutions (e.g., AI-driven tools, AR/VR technologies, etc.)
- Experience designing solutions and experiences on ServiceNow platform to enable employee and leader self-service (HR Tier 0)
- Experience facilitating for purposes of learning needs assessment, learning program delivery, and Train-the-Trainer.
- Experience leveraging and optimizing Learning Management Systems (LMS) & Learning Experience Platforms (LXP) for improved learner experience.
- Ability to lead cross-functional/department initiatives to develop a multi-year roadmap for enhanced learning technologies that improve the learner experience.
- Ability to project manage, lead, or supervise others for desired outcomes.
- Ability to be up to date with external best practices in learning & development.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $160,700 - $231,300
Base Salary Range Region 2: $136,600 - $196,600
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Remote - This job will be remote and/or the job is designed to be performed outside of the office. Employees will come onsite when requested by the leader.