At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical manufacturing, design skills to a dynamic development team creating precision endoscopic instruments for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
This position will focus on developing, validating and implementing processes in order to meet manufacturing operations and product safety, reliability, and performance goals for the endoscope product line.
The NPI manufacturing engineer employs business processes to implement changes with guidance of more senior engineers.
Individuals in this role will develop process improvements for existing products, develop and support the implementation design improvements with product engineering develop processes for future products and long term quality and efficiency improvements. Individuals in this role must demonstrate strong hands-on capabilities and a wide-spread technical understanding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, scale, maintain and improve efficient “mid to high volume’ manufacturing assembly processes including:
- Identify, evaluate and introduce new process innovations into the manufacturing line
- Specify, document, qualify and implement manufacturing fixtures and equipment
- Define and execute tests (like DOE’s, Validation) to verify processes are stable and capable to provide consistent and reliable results.
- Support design engineering to define critical design features with respect to the applicable assembly technology and optimal manufacturability.
- Determine and incorporate critical feature inspection and test checkpoints into process
- Develop and validate robust assembly and manufacturing processes from the first prototype until the transfer to serial production.
- Leverage potential improvements with respect to yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, and cost reduction.
- Support changes with measurement series to verify effectiveness and quality.
- Perform trouble shooting for events of non-conformances in the manufacturing lines, perform root cause analysis, introduce short term preventive and long-term corrective actions in collaboration with operations, industrial engineering and design engineering
- Compliance with the current QMS, DOPs and SOPs and the safety regulations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- BE/BS required, ME/MS preferred, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic engineering,Process Engineering, Electrical engineering, Microsystems Engineering or equivalent or a recognised technical training occupation under the Vocational Training Act (BBiG) with 2+ professional work experience as NPI -or Manufacturing engineEnthusiastic to work at the pulse of the technological development in medical robotic surgery.
- Enthusiastic to work at the pulse of the technological development in medical robotic surgery
- Practical approach for manufacturing processes, capability to work hands-on
- Strong process-oriented thinking
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in Bul and English
- Must be computer literate with experience using; Windows, Office and SAP preferred
- Capability to express easy and understandable the assembly processes adapted to the needs of the assemblers and supervisors
- Basic knowledge in statistical analysis for process capability, validation, design of experiment
- Experience in ISO9001/13485, or medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Willingness to travel interinternationallyto approx. 10% per year)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 10% of the time