Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of SRE team, you will work on mission-critical platforms both on-prem and in Cloud (AWS, Azure), tools, and services that will ensure the highest levels of availability and reliability of all our applications. We need creative and innovative problem solver and self-starter. You need constantly looking for new ideas and implement them to make the platform more stable, secure and scalable. You need to have engineering and DevOPS mindset, eliminate work through automation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Focusing on infrastructure automation, cloud integration, and execution of infrastructure as code methodoligies. This position will work closely with developers, DBAs, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in delivering best in class technical infrastructure to support external product delivery
- Configuration management Automation (Infrastructure as code, release management, etc.)
- Participate in the development, execution, and support of Infrastructure release management and operations
- Deep understanding of the Linux and Windows Operating System, including Kernel, Memory, Process, Threads, Static / Shared Libraries, IPC, Signals.
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
- Establish monitoring and infrastructure health reporting for advancement of self-healing infrastructure principles
- Proactively improve key application metrics, such as up-time, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents and other key operational SLAs
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Participate in the planning and design of Engineering infrastructure projects, collect and define SLA/SLO/SLI of key operations.
- Container-Orchestration System (Docker and Kubernetes - Deploying and Scaling Microservices with Docker and Kubernetes, Containers Patterns, Kubernetes Production Patterns, etc.)
- Provides off-hours production support for critical applications as required
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation.
- Strong Linux Administration skills, deep knowledge of internal of Linux Operating System.
- B.S in Computer Science or related technical major, or commensurate experience
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting Systems.
- Hands-on experience with AWS and/or Azure technologies
- Proficiency in at least one of these programming languages (i.e. Python, Bash, Go, Ruby, Java etc.)
- Proficiency in Ansible, Terraform, or other configuration management and centralized configuration tools (Chef, Puppet)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail; mission-critical production support experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in working effectively in cross-functional team.
- Experience with Enterprise SIEM tools like Datadog, Splunk, Nagios, etc. and open-source monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana.
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA, Santa Barbara, CA, Atlanta, GA, Raligh, NC
- Travel: <15%
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $122,400 - $165,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $104,000 - $140,800
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.