Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Security Operations Team is responsible for software products, infrastructure, cloud services, and IoMT solutions that collect and analyze medical device machine data from thousands of systems deployed world-wide.
This opportunity will allow you to design and conduct security research including malware analysis, threat and vulnerability analysis, adversary tracking, threat intelligence, detection & remediation development and other technology application focuses related to the understanding of the threat landscape with intent to disrupt adversaries or provide protection via defensive products and services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Begin to analyze threat trends and anomalies to determine operational impact.
- Determine vectors that introduce threat and potential mitigation strategies. Learn about systemic security issues and how to address them.
- Process threat reporting from internal and external sources. Provide discrete threat data based on intelligence requirements or customer requests.
- Identify security defects or vulnerabilities and deficiencies in security guidance.
- Contribute code to technical implementation and automation of solutions to address security issues, such as signature detection, malware, threat analysis, or reverse engineering. Use results from research and experimentation to support architecture or product direction.
- Identify areas of dependency and overlap with other teams or team members. Provide constructive input so the work is integrated and timely. Communicate the status of deliverables and dependencies to meet schedule.
- Engage in measures to protect tools, techniques, information, and results of security practices. Respond to incidents for systems or products as needed. Use results of pen testing to improve products and services.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in Computer Science with Cybersecurity major degree-seeking program at the Master’s level. Bachelor’s level students would also be considered based on specific relevant experience.
- Demonstrated interest in the security field through academic coursework, previous work or internship experience, or personal projects.
- Comfortable writing code to accomplish goals and does not depend solely on third-party products.
- Have an interest in software engineering demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications.
- Knowledge of data structures, how they are implemented and how to apply them to meet security challenges.
- Familiarity with the application of common design patterns
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $113,400 - $127,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $96,400 - $108,500
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.