Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
We are looking for a summer intern to join our team and contribute broadly to our data science and machine learning enabled clinical applications. The primary responsibility for this position will be design, develop, release and maintenance of our micro-service APIs, web and/or mobile applications.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As an intern in the intuitive digital clinical application development team, you will be responsible for:
- New features development for our machine learning enabled clinical applications and interfaces.
- Proof of concept software development for our web and/or mobile applications
- Create software unit tests, work with QA debug and fix software bugs
- Software site reliability engineering to ensure we meet our product SLA for our customers.
- Software CI/CD automation, versioning, and packaging use gitlab, jenkins, and bash/python etc.
- Participate the customer facing software debug to ensure surgeons have a smoothy experience on our product.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10–12-week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or a related degree-seeking program at the Master’s or Doctorate level
- Development/project experience with Python, Java/Kotlin, React JS and/or C/C++ etc.
- ·Strong knowledge in Bash, Python scripting on Linux/Unix
- Familiar with dockerization, Kubernetes, Web and RESTful API development
- Familiar with git workflow, and software development CI/CD, unit tests etc.
- Understand load balancing, networking, firewall, WAF/DDoS, cloud monitoring, application monitoring etc.
- Understand microservice based software development
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, can-do attitude, and can finish a project with minimum supervision.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $112,000 - $126,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $95,200 - $107,100
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.