Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Product Support Engineer is responsible for providing operational and service engineering support of Intuitive’s Robotic System and Integrated Digital Platforms. The primary functions of this position are to resolve real-time field-escalations, develop technical service content, and evaluate field-issues to drive product, process and service infrastructure improvements. The Product Support Engineer serves as a primary liaison between Intuitive’s internal technical groups (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing) and the various internal and external departments within the Services Business (e.g. Field Service, Technical Product Education, Technical Support, Service Marketing)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide real-time troubleshooting support of “Tier-3” escalations from internal customers (Field Service Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, Network Support Engineers, Customer Service, Sales & Marketing)
- Provide problem-solving acumen to analyze system anomalies, advise on resolution path and provide timely communication to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Support robotic platform software and hardware product development, validation, documentation, and deployment strategies.
- Develop and maintain service procedures, technical bulletins, training materials and other technical documentation.
- Develop and manage field tooling and solutions (hardware, software, infrastructure tools).
- Facilitate failure investigations, data collection and analysis, and work closely with the engineering team to identifying product design, service and quality improvement opportunities.
- Identify and drive service-business process-improvements and standardization.
- Identify and assist technical training team in delivery of training needs for global service personnel.
- Provide technical support for Quality/Post-Market Surveillance activities (e.g. Field Actions, CAPAs)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum 3 years experience in Engineering Role or equivalent experience supporting service organization required. Medical device capital equipment experience preferred.
- Possesses effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in developing effective technical documentation.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and understanding complex electromechanical product/component specifications.
- Possess excellent written/oral/technical communication ability, with strong interpersonal skills and effective working in cross-functional and remote team environments.
- Familiarity with relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server desired.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, PowerShell etc.), version control tools (Git) and Atlassian toolset (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) desired.
- Familiarity with PACS, Healthcare IT and Network Support a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $93,500 - $126,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $79,500 - $107,500
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.