At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
Intuitive’s People Experience team is passionate about creating a workplace where employees are informed, engaged, and inspired to have a positive impact on each other, our company, and the world.
We’re looking for our first Parvomay-based People Experience team member to help us build and implement impactful employee communications programs from the ground up in our brand new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Parvomay, in the Plovdiv Province of Bulgaria. When the campus opens, it will welcome a new team of employees, with plans to grow significantly.
We’re seeking an employee communications professional to partner with internal clients to create and execute communications plans supporting our Manufacturing Operations facilities in Bulgaria and Germany. In this role, you will join a high-performing, international communications team, and report to the Director of Employee Communications in the U.S. with a matrixed reporting relationship to the VP & General Manager of our European Manufacturing Operations.
Until our Parvomay facility opens in early 2025, the role will work temporarily in our Emmendingen, Germany office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the development and execution of employee communications strategies for our European Manufacturing Operations organization, using communications best practices effectively tailored for an hourly workforce.
- Serve as a consultant and advisor to senior leaders and functional clients to design and deliver strategic employee communications plans for key initiatives and programs.
- Create and manage content strategies for a range of communications channels including a new intranet site, digital signage, newsletters, flyers, and more; ensure a consistent pipeline of compelling content aligned with Intuitive brand standards.
- Author and edit a variety of written, visual and multimedia communications including photography, videos, print materials, presentations, organizational announcements, employee features, and more.
- Translate (English, Bulgarian, German) and localize corporate communications messaging.
- Manage communications for site events, while leveraging corporate forums as appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal client partners at all levels and globally.
- Measure employee communications strategy effectiveness and impact on business objectives.
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, graphic or multimedia design, or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in employee communications; familiarity with communicating to an hourly workforce (e.g., manufacturing workers) preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken Bulgarian and German language skills; very good spoken English language skills.
- Solid writing and presentation design.
- Graphic design, photography and video editing skills preferred; (e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro).
- Thrives on building new programs from the ground up.
- Ability to think strategically, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in fast-paced environments; solid project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude.
- Comfortable working with an international team and manager located in other time zones.
Location: The position is based in Parvomay, Bulgaria and includes a 1-year temporary contract in Emmendingen, Germany.
Travel: 25% of the time, domestic and international
Workplace Type: Onsite
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 25% of the time