Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
A da Vinci Area Sales Manager is responsible for selling the daVinci™ Surgical System to greenfield hospitals and existing hospitals within the Area Sales Manager’s assigned territory. This requires a number of capabilities including expert-level knowledge in the use of surgical robotics, the ability to build a team of advocates within each hospital, strong solution selling skills, and enough tenacity to ensure sales objectives are met on a consistent basis. da Vinci Area Sales Managers are expected to provide an extraordinary degree of information gathering and presenting to buying teams throughout the capital equipment purchasing process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Manage the complex sales process of da Vinci Surgical Systems into new hospitals and upgrades into existing hospitals
- Build clinical and administrative support through technical presentations, executive meetings, marketing events and system test drives.
- Develop initial contact with C-suites and senior hospital administrators.
- Build support from surgeons and administration for da Vinci® Surgery
- Identify key institutions, generate market awareness, and drive sales of the daVinci™ Surgical System within an assigned sales territory.
- Effectively manage installation to the clinical sales team to drive procedural volume and growth.
- Achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Partner with the da Vinci Area Sales Director to develop a sales plan for their local territory
- Build surgical advocacy teams at each hospital.
- Organize and manage the sales process.
- Develop expert level knowledge of primary OR procedures.
- Make business case for system purchase.
- Resolve contractual issues and coordinate system installation upon purchase approval.
- Handle all communications and administrative follow-up.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 8+ years sales experience in medical devices or capital sales is preferred
- Knowledge of the operating room environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven successful track record in capital medical equipment sales and key account experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%, dependent upon account distribution
- Fluent in English and Mandarin as required
- Success in introducing new technologies to the market is a plus
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 50% of the time