Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary objective for this role is to assemble a variety of tissue products, meeting quality, efficiency and productivity goals, within a manufacturing/lab environment. As a Tissue Technician I, the technician would learn and apply basic anatomy and learn to inspect and identify possible defects in highly variable biologic material and assess usability, based on an increasing understanding of end user interaction with the products. Level I Technicians are expected to gain mastery of a range of surgical tech (suturing, use of surgical instruments, surgical knot tying) and assembly skills. Tissue Tech 1s are also expected to achieve certification in various sub-assemblies, basic finished good assemblies and begin to cross-train into mid-range difficulty assemblies, as well as begin to take an active role in Continuous Improvement initiatives and exemplify Intuitive Individual Expectations. This person would work closely with fellow team members, leads and production leadership to achieve individual and team performance goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The 2nd Shift hours are from 4:00pm - 12:30am EST M-F
- Assemble a variety of tissue products according to standard instructions and prints.
- Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, quality, safety and productivity.
- Expected to learn and demonstrate the following skills: suturing, use of proper surgical instruments, surgical knot tying, proper use of adhesives
- Expected to learn and apply understanding of basic anatomy
- Operate and set up (as needed) production supplies/equipment
- Ensure assembly components align with BOM
- Become proficient using the Time Tracking program
- Become proficient at multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report productivity challenges, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Perform inspection and/or simple repairs on own work
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures; Complete assigned training on time.
- Maintain hygienic workspace and follow Line Clearance procedures
- Follow Tissue Handling & Storage requirements
- Adhere to PPE policy – safety goggle, cut resistant gloves, etc.
- Comfortable using household chemicals
- Comfortable working in cool temperature environment (65 F)
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum experience: Certification to 5 assemblies or processes or comparable experience equivalent to 1 year.
- Minimum education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform fine motor tasks such as sewing and cutting, with attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Perform quality checks on their own and team members work
- Ability to read, write and understand English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, supervisors, or engineers
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions. Ability to report quality issues. Ability to suggest simple process improvements
- Ability to use computers as part of daily work. Ability to use on-line documentation
- Must have ability to complete training courses (online and in-person). Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to use clocks, timers, tools, calculators and rulers. Ability to work in a controlled environment (i.e. clean room), this includes wearing scrubs, and slip-resistant shoes as well as meeting other room standards.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $39,000 - $52,800
Base Salary Range Region 2: $32,700 - $44,300
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.