Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Clinical Education Trainer uses their in-depth knowledge of Intuitive products and services, surgical and diagnostic procedures, design control and risk management, and usability considerations to train and develop product development team members within an internal to Intuitive learning program. The Clinical Education Trainer will lead hands-on and lecture-based trainings and hospital case observation and will be actively involved in coordination and continuous improvement of the learning program.
- Regularly conduct and coordinate training sessions with internal product development trainees in the form of lecture and hands-on dry labs and/or excised tissue labs, in both on-site and virtual settings
- Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members and other members of the organization throughout the onboarding process
- Facilitate education through hospital case observation programs, pre-clinical lab participation, advanced surgeon lab attendance, usability labs and conference attendance
- Host hospital case observations with trainees in a hospital operating room
- Work with the Product Operations Enablement Team in a creative, dependable, and flexible manner to improve the existing learning program
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to optimize the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the learning program
- Conduct surveys to gather data and measure program effectiveness
- Develop competency in the following:
- da Vinci® and Ion® technology
- da Vinci® and Ion® applications
- Users and Use Environments, Perioperative Workflow and OR Efficiency
- Training/coaching techniques/methodologies
- Act as subject matter expert for internal projects, as needed
Skills / Job Requirements:
- Minimum BS degree and minimum 3 to 5 years of experience within Intuitive Surgical preferred
- Clinical/medical degree or surgical (circulator or scrub technician) experience preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to peer training, specifically related to advanced technology within a clinical environment
- Cultivates competence in others through structured learning experience and feedback strategies
- Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and oversee assignments involving multiple teams and individuals
- Exhibits leadership skills and demonstrates emotional intelligence
- Fluent in medical and surgical terminology
- Need strong mechanical aptitude with thorough spatial cognition as they relate to robotic/laparoscopic surgery
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- High capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to self-development
- Ability to travel up to 25%, domestic and international
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $96,800 - $139,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $87,100 - $125,300
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.