Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute your technical engineering, manufacturing and equipment design skills to a dynamic development team creating precision instruments & electrosurgical equipment for minimally invasive robotic surgery. The role requires active participation with new product development and sustaining engineering teams that create and refine electronic systems & equipment, process documentation, tooling and test methods. Additional focus will be put on challenging the new product designs to improve manufacturability, reliability and cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain and improve equipment associated with “mid-volume” electronic manufacturing assembly
- Specify and/or refine BOMs, work flow processes, manufacturing plans and detailed work instructions.
- Provide product, process, PCBA DFx input to enhance manufacturability of electronic systems
- Develop and/or review manufacturing test specifications/procedures for final test of PCBs and final product.
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Analyze risk in manufacturing processes (PFMEA) to incorporate and validate critical tests required.
- Responsible for the validation and qualification of manufacturing equipment and processes leveraging standard qualification approaches (IQ/OQ/DQ/PQ).
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum BS / MS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3-7 years experience as design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant mechanical / electromechanical content.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with technicians, product development, planning, purchasing, regulatory, inspection, customer support and clinical marketing teams.
Preferred Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- “Self-starter” attitude and comfort in a hands-on environment, where he/she can demonstrate an ability to work with other engineers to influence product design to improve reliability.
- Troubleshooting mind set - an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failures and troubleshoot to component level.
- Excellent documentation skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in an ISO 13485, ISO 9001, or medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience with documentation and production control systems in Agile & SAP a plus.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $109,500 - $157,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $93,100 - $133,900
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.