At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Commercial Learning Manager, Global Distribution reports to the Manager Commercial Learning and is responsible for providing Sales Training to Intuitive’s Global Distribution Markets. This individual will collaborate closely with the Latin America and Global Commercial Distribution Manager(s) to create a sales training strategy and improve the knowledge and skills of the Distributor Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Global Commercial Distribution Team to support the sales strategy by aligning all training programs and initiatives to the business priorities
- Assess European distributor sales team's strengths and gaps pertaining to knowledge and skills; Develop programs to address competency gaps
- Collaborate with internal partners such as Direct Commercial Learning, Salesforce Effectiveness, ISI Business School, HR, Talent Development, Clinical Product Education and other cross functional partners to standardize business processes
- Collaborate with Learning & Technology Specialist to execute e-learning initiatives and maintain current training records
- Work independently and proactively seek out problems to solve and communicate remotely across multiple time zones.
- Collaborate with other commercial learning training managers to build and execute effective training programs
- Support Commercial Learning Global Distribution team in any additional trainings needed for Worldwide Global Distribution
- Sales Training
- Create curricula, agendas and training materials for all technical, clinical and sales training programs
- Manage regional and corporate new hire training programs - Distributor Clinical and System Training (DCAST)
- Effectively present and deliver ISI Clinical Sales Process and Capital Sales Process presentations and workshops to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Leverage various formats and venues for training programs, such as instructor-led, self-led, distance learning/remote, video and podcast, etc. to maximize the impact of the content
- Collaborate closely with Global Marketing to ensure training aligns with messaging, value propositions and market opportunities
- Conduct routine field rides with field sales to diagnose common training needs as well as provide coaching, feedback and mentorship
- Support da Vinci procedures in a hospital operating room
- Clinical Training
- Maintain "expert" level certification of da Vinci surgical procedure lectures
- Effectively present and deliver da Vinci surgical procedure lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Technical Training
- Maintain "expert" level certification of da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training and lectures
- Effectively present and deliver da Vinci Technical Lectures to new hire trainees during DCAST programs and ongoing competency programs
- Certify distributor sales personnel on da Vinci Surgical Systems and advanced instrumentation in-service training
- Educate Distributor Sales Personnel on Best Practices for da Vinci Surgical Systems pre, intra and postoperative management
- Forecast annual program needs to meet organizational growth
- Measure sales effectiveness of training programs and develop reports and comprehensive programs analysis
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- B.S./B.A. Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Management
- 5+ years of Sales or Sales Management experience, preferably in medical device field
- 2+ years of Corporate Training or Training Management experience
- Experience with the da Vinci Surgical Systems preferred
- Knowledge of the operating theater preferred
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Highly organized and able to operate independently
- Ability to travel 50%+
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Fluent in English and Brazilian Portuguese languages required
- Employee to reside in Germany, Brazil, Mexico, or USA: (Freiburg, Sao Paulo, Mexico City, Mexicali, Sunnyvale, or Atlanta preferred).
Intuitive ist ein Arbeitgeber, der gleiche und gerechte Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten bietet. Wir bieten allen qualifizierten Bewerbern und Mitarbeitern gleiche Beschäftigungsmöglichkeiten, unabhängig von ethnischer Herkunft, Geschlecht, Schwangerschaft, sexueller Orientierung, Geschlechtsidentität, nationaler Herkunft, Hautfarbe, Alter, Religion, geschütztem Veteranenstatus, Behindertenstatus, genetischen Informationen oder einem anderen Status, der nach den geltenden Gesetzen auf Bundes-, Landes- oder lokaler Ebene geschützt ist, und verbieten jegliche Form von Diskriminierung und Belästigung.
Gemäß den „Fair Chance“-Gesetzen berücksichtigen wir qualifizierte Bewerber, die verhaftet wurden oder Vorstrafen haben, für offene Stellen.
Travel: 50% of the time