Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The vision systems analyst group is a part of the core technology engineering group at Intuitive. The goal of the group is to deliver the highest image quality to our surgeons for all our da Vinci robot systems. The focus of the group is mainly on the imaging algorithms, algorithmic tuning and calibration of the endoscopes, displays, and illuminator needed to accomplish excellent image quality. We also help spec and define the light source, optics, sensor and displays used on the da Vinci robotic systems because all these components contribute to the surgical image quality.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and improve methods and algorithms used to characterize and calibrate image sensors, cameras, and illumination solutions.
- Evaluate and improve real-time image processing pipeline algorithms.
- Build protocols for optimizing and defining image quality specifications.
- Perform calibration of cameras and the entire vision system.
- Deliver superb camera video to clinicians.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in Imaging Science, Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Biomedical, Bioengineering, or related degree-seeking program at the Master’s or Doctorate level
- Experience in developing image and video processing algorithms or control loops
- Demonstrated skill at solving complex engineering problems
- Strong scientific understanding of imaging physics and human perception
- Knowledgeable in camera sensors, displays, optics and illumination sources
- Proficient in Matlab (Python or C/C++ a plus)
- Experience with GPU/CUDA programming a plus
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $128,800 - $144,900
Base Salary Range Region 2: $109,500 - $123,200
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.