At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As Environmental Health & Safety Manager you are responsible for the technical and organizational management of the EHS group of Intuitive Surgical Optics GmbH. Together with our team, you will ensure EHS compliance at the Emmendingen, Sexau and Biebertal sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the implementation of strategic EHS objectives to maximize the health & safety of all employees and other people on site.
- Responsible for compliance and implementation of EHS processes and policies, taking into account current legislation and the implementation of processes for risk assessment, prevention and minimization
- Implementation of global EHS and sustainability policies, standards, rules and practices.
- Implement a global EHS program with clear and measurable targets and a global EHS reporting system with internationally recognized KPIs, aligned with ISO 45001 requirements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in collaboration with local managers
- Investigating accidents and injuries with a comprehensive root cause analysis
- Identify unsafe machine and equipment conditions
- Initiation and execution of risk assessments
- Manage emergency preparedness and response plans
- Supervise occupational health activities
- Supervise hazardous materials programs (purchase, use and elimination)
- Define, execute and monitor corrective actions using operational excellence methodologies
- Identification, maintenance and control of EHS documentation
- Conduct EHS training and periodic EHS audits.
- Driving environmental, health and safety initiatives
- Advise on construction, technical, organizational, and workplace and work environment design issues
- Planning the budget for EHS
- Responsible for security on site and ensure that all internal and external policies are followed
- Check regular the security sytems on effectiveness
- Check for security gaps and improve the effectiveness
- Support the EMEA EHS team for all requested activities
- There will be a dotted line of this function to the Senior EHS Manager EMEA
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Completed studies in the field of environmental, health and safety management or comparable
- At least 8 years of professional experience in the areas of environmental, health and safety management
- Ideally experience in the medical device industry
- Dedicated team player with a high sense of responsibility and demonstrated leadership skills;
- Experience in the area of process improvement (Lean, CIP, etc.)
- Good knowledge of office applications
- Intercultural competence
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of communication skills and assertiveness
- Very good Bulgarian and English language skills, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel (worldwide, approx. 10%)
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 10% of the time