Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's new robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung, with an initial goal of improving the early diagnosis of lung cancer. The main responsibility of the position is to develop and sustain software for robustness, reliability, manufacturability, and serviceability of the product. The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy inter-disciplinary team, be able to identify problems and drive to solutions, and have a commitment to high product quality. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Track, investigate, and resolve software issues/defects to enhance and maintain system robustness performance in a larger installed base.
- Develop and refine software applications, tools and interfaces to improve system diagnostic capability, reliability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Act as software representative in responding to field and manufacturing issues by conducting root cause analysis and providing practical solutions or mitigations.
- Ensure software meets the need of business goals by working effectively with a multitude of software, hardware, manufacturing, quality and field-facing support teams.
- Generate design input, design output documents and issue impact analysis report as appropriate to meet quality control requirements.
To qualify for this position, a candidate must have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on software development experience in C++, preferably with design for system reliability and serviceability.
- Experience in intelligent data/log analysis for root cause investigation.
- Built sophisticated software tools and applications with both backend logic and GUI.
- Strong ability to isolate and debug interdependent software/hardware problems.
- Delivered and supported complex software solutions on tight deadlines.
- Authored and presented technical specifications, software designs, and test/investigation reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally, you will also meet three of the following requirements:
- Programmed and designed object oriented multithreaded applications.
- Python scripting or similar languages.
- Developed software for volumetric imaging products.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration, and automation.
- Developed and sustained software in a regulated industry (medical, automotive, finance, etc.).
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $167,900 - $241,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $142,700 - $205,300
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.