Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Ion™ endoluminal system is Intuitive's flexible robotic platform for minimally invasive biopsy in the peripheral lung. Our Advanced Product Development (APD) team is a small multi-disciplinary group that investigates new market opportunities for the Ion business unit through fast-paced, exploratory work into new technologies and clinical applications. We are seeking a versatile Sr. Software Engineer who can span a range of software and algorithms functions and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving applied research environment. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing new business within Intuitive and contribute meaningfully to its future growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with cross functional colleagues including product, clinical, and engineering team members to rapidly evaluate desirability, feasibility, and viability of new ideas.
- Prototype new algorithms and software features with sufficient fidelity and scalability to rapidly iterate and evaluate new functionality.
- As a software generalist, contribute broadly across multiple software layers to support device, system, and application development, from embedded programming to application layer programming. Should also have deeper experience in at least two of the following areas - GUI development, motion controls, image processing, and machine learning.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- Minimum MS or PhD in CS, EE, ME, BioE or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing software in relevant areas.
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of C++ and object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot and debug complex systems
- High levels of independence and technical ownership
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with software development tools such as git and jira
- Experience with Python and Matlab
- Experience developing Software for embedded Linux/QNX devices
- Experience in GUI development (Qt/QML)
- Experience with OpenGL and/or 3D rendering
- Knowledge of Robotics algorithms
- Experience developing software for complex electro-mechanical devices
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $167,900 - $241,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $142,700 - $205,300
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.