Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive builds the most advanced surgical equipment on the market, most of which must be cleaned and sterilized prior to reuse. The Sterility Assurance and Device Reprocessing team ensures that hospitals are able to reprocess this equipment to the most stringent guidelines for safety and efficacy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Review and generate user facing instructions for use to describe effective methods to clean, disinfect, and sterilize Intuitive products based on validation data
- Conduct lab work associated with simulated use soiling and reprocessing of surgical devices.
- Quantify residual protein using analytical chemistry.
- Conduct sterilization feasibility testing on surgical devices.
- Develop protocols and reports to document validation testing.
- Perform documentation updates to ensure validations are accurately referenced on the Design History File.
- Test new products to ensure that they can be cleaned and sterilized according to Intuitive’s rigorous criteria.
University Hiring Program Eligibility Requirements:
- University Enrollment: Must be currently enrolled in and returning to an accredited degree-seeking academic program in the Fall.
- Internship Work Period: Must be available to work full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) during a 10-12 week period starting May or June. Specific start dates are shared during the recruiting process.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Current enrollment in a Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, or Chemistry degree-seeking program at the Bachelor’s level
- Ability to solve mechanical issues.
- Laboratory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay (paid at an hourly rate), benefits, and a housing allowance. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including relevant skills and experience for this internship, degree-seeking academic program (PhD, Master’s, Bachelor’s, etc), year in school, and location. The hourly rate is prorated against the intern program salaries listed and total program compensation will be based on internship duration.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $55,800 - $83,700
Base Salary Range Region 2: $47,500 - $71,200
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.