Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Senior FPGA Engineer will develop and support innovative surgical devices and accessories for the da Vinci Surgical System, from concept to launch and beyond, with shared responsibility and shared reward. The successful candidate will understand user needs and requirements, balance individual product-level requirements with system-level requirements, developing complex FPGA solutions for communications, video, control processing and other advanced capabilities, and commit to the highest product quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- FPGA implementations of one or more of the following: video signal processing, DMA, high-speed communications, sensor integration, motor control, and integration of modern embedded computing modules.
- Develop all FPGA RTL in Verilog and System Verilog.
- Integrate, debug and support the product after launch.
- Write detailed design documentation, including specifications and verification protocols.
- Serve as lead technical designer on cross-functional project teams to develop new world-class surgical devices and accessories:
- Collaboration and support the quality and regulatory processes.
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree; or 6+ years of experience and a Master's degree; or 3+ years of experience and a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Verilog (preferably SystemVerilog) for both synthesis and verification.
- Expert in FPGA design or front-end IC design.
- Experience with SoC including (e.g., Zynq with ARM cores) and soft processors (e.g. MicroBlaze) is desired.
- Extensive experience with Xilinx FPGA design tools such as: ISE, Vivado, ModelSim, TCL scripting, Linux line commands, Chipscope/Integrated Logic Analyzer (ILA), Microblaze compiler, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FPGA architecture, design, verification, and debug (Xilinx).
- Proficient English skills both spoken and written.
- Experience designing electronic devices with FPGA's in the medical field is preferred.
- Experience with Gigabit ethernet, DDR3/DDR4, DSP implementations on FPGA's is desirable.
- Effectively use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment like oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, custom test platforms, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Extensive experience working at all phases of the product lifecycle from concept to continuous improvement (sustaining).
- Experience working with some of the Xilinx FPGA families such as: Spartan, Artix, Virtex, Kintex, UltraScale and Ultrascale+ MPSoC.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $153,900 - $221,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $130,800 - $188,200
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.