At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This role is to support, enhance, optimize, and innovate the embedded software build environment for the minimally invasive DaVinci Single Port surgical robot. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and is a motivated self-starter with the ability to make autonomous decisions by working cross org in a result oriented manner within a regulated environment. Support small to mid-sized development teams by maintaining development pipeline consisting of compiler toolchain and build infrastructure by using infrastructure as code for dynamic environments. Support activities in legacy and future product development pipeline for embedded platform.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focusing on infrastructure automation and execution of infrastructure as code methodologies along with maintaining, troubleshooting, and improving build tool pipelines. This position will work closely with other configuration release engineers, developers, DBAs, QA, and project managers throughout the software lifecycle in delivering best in class technical infrastructure to support external product delivery
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration of build systems, machines, and tools)
- Proactively monitor and resolve issues for emake builds (e.g., long build times due to machines going down)
- Setup Windows 10 machines (physical and virtual) for emake builds (e.g., new hires or replacement laptops for existing engineers)
- Provide on call support for critical applications as required
- Participate in the development, execution, and support of Infrastructure management and operations
- Establish infrastructure monitoring and health reporting for advancement of self-healing infrastructure principles
- Enhance/extend a configuration/deployment/monitoring framework in partnership with IT Engineer(s)
- Optimize make files and build scripts
- Interact with internal customers and development team to gather and define requirements and document architecture.
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques.
- Deploy and manage a build pipeline using tools such as: Ansible, Jenkins, BitBucket, GitLab CI
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Team player with good communication skills
- Minimum 8-10 years embedded build infrastructure management, Systems/Infrastructure, or related engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with observability ecosystem like ElasticSearch, Kibana, Fluentbit, Logstash etc.
- Proficiency in scripting including Batch, Python, and Matlab. Ability to use scripting to automate repetitive tasks.
- Ability to use bash in multiple platforms including WSL, Linux, Cygwin and Windows
- Comfortable using version control systems like Git, SVN
- Experience with one or more of embedded toolsets like cross compilers toolchains, gnu gcc etc Knowledge and experience with build systems and tools of CMake, EMake, Make etc.
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and Build tools such as Jenkins, BitBucket etc.
- Technical troubleshooting skills using windows diagnostic tools such as prcomon, wireshark, smb and linux based diagnostic tools such as pdb (python debugger), strace, tcpdump, dbg (c debugger)
- Experience with maintaining infrastructure with Linux and Windows OS
- Minimum B.S in Computer Science or related technical major, or commensurate experience
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA, open to 2 other locations of Raleigh, NC and Peachtree, GA
- Minimum 5+ years of DevOps experience in a Linux and Windows environment
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of Perl will be a plus
- Continuous Integration setup and administration
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP & HTTPS
- Familiarity with embedded Linux, RTOS
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $127,300 - $183,300
Base Salary Range Region 2: $108,200 - $155,800
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.