Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Does your neural network dream of walking through a random forest of boosted trees? Do you love understanding and solving problems with data, then automating the solution? This may be the role for you.
The AI/ML Data Scientist is pivotal in identifying and prioritizing business opportunities for
leveraging Machine Learning (ML) to drive substantial value and innovation across the
organization. This role involves building and deploying ML applications on a centralized ML
platform, helping to integrate ML approaches across different business areas and championing the development of shared ML codebases on this platform.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand stakeholders’ problems from a business
perspective and translate them to an AI/ML framework. The candidate will be adept at
exploring data and understand the appropriate transformations to shape data for modeling.
They will understand the details of ML algorithms to be able to optimize the model for the
problem at hand. The candidate will be able to clearly communicate their results during
exploration and model development and work with stakeholders build the best solution for
their business problem.
By working alongside IT partners, data architects, and engineers, the Data Scientist ensures that ML applications are not only tailored to the business needs but are also scalable and integrated within the organization's data ecosystem. The role is at the forefront of fostering a culture of data-driven innovation, making it an essential conduit for the organization’s growth in the ever-evolving landscape of AI and ML.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with business units to identify challenges and opportunities where ML can drive value; conduct data exploration and feasibility studies.
- Take part in developing a long-term ML strategy and roadmap, aligning with the organization's overall goals and objectives.
- Design, train, and implement a range of ML models from classical to advanced deep learning algorithms on a centralized platform, ensuring scalability and integration with existing systems. Oversee the lifecycle of ML models, from development to deployment, monitoring, and maintenance. Optimize models for performance and scalability.
- Lead the dissemination of ML techniques and best practices across teams, enhancing the organization's collective expertise and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging ML technologies and methodologies to drive continuous improvement and innovation within the organization’s ML initiatives.
- Effectively communicate complex ML concepts to stakeholders and translate model results into actionable business insights, demonstrating the tangible impact of ML on the organization's objectives.
- Minimum Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, data science, or a related field.
- A minimum 6+ years of experience in machine learning, with a strong understanding of the latest ML research and technologies, and In-depth knowledge of a wide range of machine learning techniques, including both supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, and LLMs.
- Strong analysis skills to interpret data and model results, including a grasp of probability and statistical theories.
- Strong programming skills in Python (3+ years) and SQL are necessary, knowledge of Spark and/or R is a plus.
- Experience with a variety of ML frameworks and libraries, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and scikit-learn, lightgbm, xgboost, statsmodels, statsmodels, pingoin, hdbscan, imbalanced-learn, etc.
- Familiarity with a cloud-based data warehousing platform such as Snowflake and data analytics platforms such as Databricks.
- Experience with version control systems such as GitHub or GitLab.
- Creative and analytical approach to solving complex problems and the ability to translate business challenges and find data-driven solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ML concepts to a non-technical audience.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $163,600 - $235,400
Base Salary Range Region 2: $139,100 - $200,100
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.