Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Achieve given team performance goals for production. The goals will include efficiency, FPY, hours accuracy, scrap, time lost accuracy, DHR accuracy, and first pass cycle count.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, and motivate production personnel to follow procedures, meet high quality standards, production schedules, and productivity requirements
- Update and revise Manufacturing Process Instructions to ensure that MPIs are accurate and complete
- Address line support issues as they arise (including technical-related issues)
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve production issues and actively participant in quality improvement initiatives.
- Document and report any variances, problems, issues, or concerns
- Provide production personnel with expectations and performance feedback quarterly
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for production personnel
- Plan, supervise, drive improvement, and report production performance including output, yields, root cause failures, efficiencies, and trends
- Understand, train personnel, and enforce strict adherence to the applicable DOPs and SOPs of the Quality System
- Assist in setting and attaining quarterly and annual production goals
- Learn and enforce company safety policies and practices
- Lead or support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
- Support sub-assembly or process outsourcing initiatives
- Review/approve ECOs to determine impact on manufacturing.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum Bachelor's degree Manufacturing Operations, or related fields or four years of either supervisory or engineering experience. Experience in the medical device industry is preferred, specifically in the area of high volume instrument manufacturing.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, DFT, and 6 Sigma.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work. Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems. SAP and Agile experience preferred.
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction.
- The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $84,100 - $121,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $71,400 - $102,800
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.