Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
As a member of the People Services &Solutions global team, the Global HR Compliance Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of value-added HR compliance support to the HR organization, reports, data analysis and will act as HR point of contact for global HR compliance related topics. The role will actively participate in providing support for all questions pertaining to compliance of HR employee data and HR processes and will act as a leading subject matter expert of HR Risk Management and Controls.
This role will partner collaboratively with Employment Legal, Employee Relations, Corporate Compliance, Privacy, IT and Internal Audit teams to implement HR compliance solutions aimed at reducing risk and building a world-class HR compliance program. This role requires a high level of integrity and a proactive approach while demonstrating a deep understanding of HR practices and business operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and oversee global HR compliance practices to minimize operational and organizational risk and establish best-in-class HR compliance standards.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and best practices related to regulatory changes and new technologies in human resources.
- Provide on-going compliance related coaching and development to Tier 2 ER&C Specialists, as needed, to ensure knowledge and understanding of HR compliance related tasks and initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring HR employees remain compliant with their required training. Escalate non-compliance, as needed.
- Identify areas of opportunity for compliance education and training for managers and business leaders and partner with COEs to develop and deliver training, as needed.
- Drive relevant Sarbannes Oxley (SOX) compliance efforts within HR to ensure processes are effective and well documented, collaborating with Finance and IT to ensure controls are practical and ownership lines are clearly established.
- Execute and ensure adherence and compliance with Data Privacy and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) globally.
- Oversee regular HR data audits and partner with other HR leaders to research and problem solve complex business data issues across all HR functional areas to ensure compliance with HR policies, procedures, governance, labor laws, data quality and (SOX) / regulatory compliance.
- Oversee delivery of regulatory required reporting on employee data: pay equity, AAP, EEOC, I&D data, etc.
- Partner with outside counsel on HR compliance related initiatives, audits, processes, etc.
- Maintain and communicate data quality standards and compliance.
- Contribute to various HR Projects and guide project team in adhering to data and process compliance.
- Maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual for all regions; work with subject matter experts for major handbook and policy revisions.
- Manage the creation of global HR policies/programs in accordance with applicable law and regulations, including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, OSHA, FLSA, EEOC, Privacy Regulations, and comparable regulations outside of the U.S.
- Responsible for on-going maintenance and compliance of job description library
- Lead the audit of HR policies, employment agreements, proprietary and confidentiality agreements, and employee handbooks across global sites to ensure compliance with applicable local laws.
- Primary point of HR contact for both internal and external HR globally, ensuring HR process compliance to existing audit standards.
- Identify areas of risk for global compliance and identify strategies and plans to mitigate risks.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting of HR compliance related metrics and KPIs.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum 3+ years working in an FDA regulated environment
- Minimum 5+ years of HR experience
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience managing compliance programs and/or projects in companies with a global workforce
- Experience working at a global organization on global compliance programs
- Experience conducting research, analyzing information and data, and presenting findings in a clear and concise format
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and statutes related to employment, benefits, and HR compliance globally (e.g., GDPR, Data Privacy, FLSA, EPA, FMLA, FDA CFR)
- Experience designing and administering scalable compliance related processes and programs
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of the organization on high profile topics (e.g., regulatory audits)
- Understanding of all HR processes within the full employee life cycle (hire to retire)
- Ability to coach team members (peers, senior leadership) on HR compliance policies, processes, rules and regulations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with other HR, legal and finance stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure their expectations for HR reporting and internal control are met
- Ability to contribute to development or modification of HR compliance policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Data Management and exposure to systems like Oracle Fusion, HCM, ATS, Service Now, Tableau
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $155,000 - $223,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $131,800 - $189,600
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.