At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real-world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Customer Trainer will report directly to the Training Manager for their region. This training professional will deliver da Vinci® System technology training and facilitate surgeon-led training for surgeons, first assistants, and OR staff from a variety of surgical specialties including urology, gynecology, general surgery, and cardiothoracic surgery. The Customer Trainer will be actively involved in the continuous improvement of training programs and provide support for customer training, engineering, and training research initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct da Vinci® and Ion training programs for surgical teams at designated training centers and remote centers.
- Lead and support Specialized training programs and Society events. This includes supporting the needs of the surgeon educators and course participants.
- Conduct surveys to gather data and measure program effectiveness.
- Act as subject matter expert for internal projects, as needed:
- New product development.
- Training material/ protocol development.
- Training research initiatives.
- Work with the Training team in a creative, dependable, and flexible manner to improve existing training programs.
- When necessary, train the sales force to conduct in-services and system technology skills development activities with customers on new and established products.
- Occasional support of the da Vinci® System in a hospital operating room.
- Support da Vinci® Surgical System troubleshooting and maintenance at the training center.
- Manage training center logistics, inventory and training calendars, and training records.
- Maintain all capital equipment, including but not limited to the cleaning and sterilization of instruments and accessories.
- Support positive relationships between external training center personnel and ISI management.
- Contribute to the organization’s quarterly goal achievements.
- Develop competency in the following:
- da Vinci® System Technology.
- da Vinci® System applications and advanced technology.
- Ion technology (where applicable).
- OR Efficiency.
- Training Pathway process.
- Training/coaching techniques/methodologies.
- Act as a Medical Device Consultant, after appropriate training, as per legal requirement and provide guidance, insight, and support in the proper handling of Intuitive medical devices.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Professional Training experience preferred.
- Clinical and/or operating room experience preferred.
- High capacity and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to operate independently.
- Professional work ethic.
- Solution oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred.
- High capacity to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical-device experience preferred.
- Commitment to self-development.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible with hours of operation.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Clinical or Health Sciences, Healthcare Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Communications or Education.
- Travel required
- Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written) required. Excellent knowledge of more European languages would be a distinct advantage.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 25% of the time