Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The Director – Process Business Systems will be responsible for guiding the evolution and implementation of Process Engineering Business Systems to support the company’s strategic objectives, including improving Operational Execution (Quality, Cost, Delivery) and Product Development (Innovation) processes. Strategic contributions to Production & Process Controls, Design Controls, and Purchasing Controls are core responsibilities for this role, with emphasis on efficiency and lean implementation while scaling business.
This individual will represent Process Engineering functions in the development of business systems transformations and solutions, partner with the IT organization and operational leadership, and guide the business toward establishing and enhancing processes and tools that benefit the global organization. Project responsibilities include (1) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems like SAP S/4 HANA, (2) Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems like Oracle Agile and Cloud-PLM, (3) Data Analytics (including Tableau, SAP-Business Objects, SQL, SnowFlake, EDW), (4) Project Portfolio Management (PPM) like Clarity, and (5) Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for risk like Polarion.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of systems, business process, engineering, compliance, project management and people leader experience to help successfully prepare organization for its next wave of growth and evolution as we constantly strive to better meet customers’ and the company’s needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define, establish, and drive the multi-year business system strategy within Process Engineering functions.
- Identify opportunities to generate global process & business system alignment to reduce low-value regional variation and improve standardization.
- Operate as the business lead and solution owner for next-gen ERP, PLM, Data Analytics, PPM, and ALM solutions.
- Bring subject matter expertise to the design and implementation of business system solutions while communicating to stakeholders across engineering functions.
- Collaborate cross functionally to discover the root cause of identified issues and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Lead efforts in cross-functional projects through a strong understanding of business systems, processes, and policies.
- Evaluate and implement business system solutions that support New Product Introductions.
- Drive continuous improvement by partnering with IT and other global stakeholders while implementing new business system solutions and supporting future-growth initiatives.
- Lead engineering and support efforts to integrate enterprise systems and business operations within new international markets.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in the implementation and maintenance of company’s business systems and resources to drive operational efficiencies while ensuring that business and compliance requirements are met.
- Manage, lead, and guide the development of a team of individual contributors and managers.
- Establish team goals, objectives, and expectations with clear direction and delegation to meet department’s goals and objectives.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on education, training, skills and experience). In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience – Engineering or Business Systems in a regulated medical device industry strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years leading teams of individual contributors and managers
- Experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives and implementing system solutions or processes. Six-sigma training preferred.
- Strong leadership, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Effective project management and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present and collaborate within all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of ERP, PLM, and Quality Management Systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong business acumen with, at minimum, a working knowledge and understanding of Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Quality, and Regulatory business process
- Ability to travel up to 25% including weekends and evenings
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $197,600 - $296,400
Base Salary Range Region 2: $168,000 - $252,000
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.