Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
If you are a hands-on troubleshooter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves and working with some of the most advanced robotics technology on the planet, this may be the ideal job for you. We are seeking a resourceful, creative, experienced Manufacturing Engineer with the ability to investigate and resolve complex functional issues on the daVinci robot. Your mission will be to investigate, understand root cause, and develop solutions to eliminate the source of defects, and improve reliability of this leading-edge product. This is a wide ranging position with many opportunities to be exposed to a broad scope of technologies. We are looking for candidates with working experience and theoretical knowledge in many of the following areas:
- Gear trains / bearings
- Precision Machined parts / GD&T / Tolerance stack up analysis
- Servo motors / Actuators / Encoders
- Friction , Stress – Strain,
- Thermodynamics, hydraulics
- Basic Electronics, electro-magnetism, Sensors
- Computer control systems
This position has responsibility and authority to:
- Lead initiatives focused on defect reduction, yield improvement, reliability improvement, capacity enhancement, and cost reduction.
- Provide production support to ensure the production schedule is maintained, technical problems are resolved quickly and effectively
- Evaluate and refine the design of released products. Collaborate with the design team, provide suggested design improvements. Responsible for implementation of design improvements..
- Collaborate with Supplier Engineering team to ensure suppliers understand product issues and requirements, assist in resolving technical issues at suppliers.
- Performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns. Develop and implement solutions to eliminate the root cause.
- Design, qualify, document, and validate: assembly fixtures and tools, release to production and service.
- Must possess strong communication skills to interface with: Manufacturing Technicians, Quality, Product Development Engineers, Senior Management, Suppliers, Planning, Purchasing, Customer Support and Clinical Marketing organizations, among others.
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Candidate must be of high character and energy with focused attention to detail.
- Minimum BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability in failure analysis, trouble shooting, problem solving and continuous improvement of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Demonstrated Mechanical and/or Process Engineering ability.
- CAD Solid modeling experience (SolidWorks, or similar).
- Prior experience with some of the following: gears, motors/encoders, complex machined parts, sheet metal, plastics, cable assemblies, various sensor applications and technologies, including reliability and performance assessment of above.
- Ability to make presentations to senior management, communicate issues clearly and concisely, ability to be persuasive.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Travel: minimal, may require occasional travel, primarily within U.S.
- Education in Mechatronics / Robotics
- Experienced Agile user
- Experienced SAP user, or similar ERP system
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated use of: Matlab, Python
- Experience as a design or manufacturing engineer supporting product with significant electro-mechanical content.
- Prior experience working in an FDA/ISO medical device manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Process Validations IQ/OQ/PQ, pFMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design experiments and draw appropriate conclusions in order to solve process problems.
- Prior responsibility for process, equipment or product validation/verification.
- Prior experience with automated equipment, complex mechanism manufacturing, or robotics.
- Hands-on machine tool experience
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $109,500 - $157,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $93,100 - $133,900
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.