Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Applied AI/ML Engineer plays a critical role in bringing Generative AI and Machine Learning (ML) solutions to Enterprise Analytics. These technologies offer transformative potential to optimize operations, generate valuable insights, and drive innovation, thus shaping our organization's future.
The AI/ML Engineer will play a pivotal role in identifying, testing, and implementing scalable and cost-effective AI and ML solutions across the teams supported by Enterprise Analytics. Through maintaining, troubleshooting, and optimizing AI models, as well as developing business applications on top of them, this role will be instrumental in enhancing our organization's analytical capabilities. The role will work directly with business stakeholders, IT partners, enterprise data architects, data engineering, and external service providers to ensure that new capabilities meet the needs of the business and can support its growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure for incorporating and fine-tuning third-party AI NLP and/or Computer Vision models into the company's technology stack.
- Troubleshoot any integration issues and ensuring the seamless operation of the integrated models.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the functional needs and fine-tune and/or train AI models to improve their performance on specific tasks.
- Build end-to-end ML Ops pipelines, including AI applications. Maintain, troubleshoot, and optimize ML and AI models in production environment, monitor models’ performance.
- Build business applications on top of AI models, work with a team of engineers to develop and deploy ML solutions.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field
- A minimum 6+ years of experience in machine learning, with a strong understanding of the latest ML research and technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with LLMs/Generative AI models
- Strong programming skills in Python (3+ years), SQL
- Experience with a variety of ML frameworks and libraries, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and scikit-learn
- Familiarity with open-source LLM/CV models and platforms, such as Hugging Face, LangChain, etc
- Proficiency with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or AWS
- Familiarity with a cloud-based data warehousing platform such as Snowflake and data analytics platforms such as Databricks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $167,000 - $240,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $141,900 - $204,300
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.