At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Senior Data Modeler / Data Architect role is part of the Enterprise Analytics team at Intuitive. They will be responsible to support multiple business units to understand and model their data to support data quality, data privacy and security, data integration and data governance. These well documented and published models will support an enterprise-wide consensus about the meaning of Intuitive’s data. They will have a passion for concise definitions, shared understanding and a well architected data platform and processes to deliver unparalleled company success.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, document, publish and own the data models in a reporting and analytics environment
- Provide data modeling design review and advice to business and engineering teams.
- Identify shared concepts across business unites and ensure a single representation in the data model and platform.
- Define tools and process for continuous team productivity and improved quality.
- Build relationships across both business and engineering teams to support a cooperative environment.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical related discipline.
- A minimum 5+ years as a full-time data modeler or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of data modeling principles and best practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp technological and business concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; experience communicating with data engineers, business users and management to succinctly explain technical and functional concepts.
- Gather business requirements and turn them into a logical data model that represents the business.
- Understand Dimensional, Data Vault, 3NF and Canonical data modeling techniques
- Mentor, educate engineering and business users on benefits and techniques of data modeling.
- Know the difference between an ERD model, DBT data model and a ML data model.
- Strong, hands-on knowledge of SQL including performance tuning.
- Experience with the full software lifecycle process, delivering enterprise software products or large-company enterprise information technology projects.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable working with minimal specifications.
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles.
- This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.
- Candidates must be based within a commutable distance from one of our US office locations (Sunnyvale, CA, Peachtree Corners, GA, or Raleigh, NC).
- Snowflake security, architecture and/or engineering
- CI/CD tools and processes for data engineering
- Experience working in an FDA regulated industry.
- Master Data Management tools and processes
- Data Mesh concepts and goals
- Python, Node.js
- Understand PII, PHI, GDPR, GxP, CCPA and other data handling laws.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $150,900 - $217,100
Base Salary Range Region 2: $128,200 - $184,600
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.