Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
This position will be a member of the corporate compensation team. You will collaborate with HRBP leaders who are responsible for driving compensation initiatives and projects in the assigned business organizations. This position will be responsible for understanding the organization's business models and strategies and identify complementary compensation strategies and solutions. The ideal candidate must be able to represent the corporate compensation function as well negotiate and influence all levels of management within the client group.
This position will also contribute to the compensation program development, which may include annual salary structure design, compensation planning process, equity programs and executive compensation. Additionally, this position in partnership with the HRBPs will communicate, train and deliver compensation programs to the aligned client groups. This individual will also lead and consult on other HR and Compensation related projects as necessary. This incumbent will be an active member of the corporate compensation team by providing support, mentorship, and guidance to other team members.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a deep understanding of Intuitive's business models and strategies and identify complementary compensation strategies and solutions
- Create, develop, or modify programs or processes to solve complex problems
- Negotiate and persuade all levels within the Intuitive client groups to gain cooperation and achieve results
- Understand emerging compensation trends and best practices to provide expert consulting on base salary, variable, and equity programs
- Evaluate current and proposed base pay and variable program design for alignment to established guidelines and Intuitive's compensation philosophy
- Provide ad-hoc support and develop strong cross-functional partnerships to support business needs
- Develop a network of Compensation professionals for ongoing knowledge of pay practices and shifting trends
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in HR, Business or related field preferred. Minimum 12+ years of experience
- Deep knowledge of competitive market pay practices, with strong networking skills
- Robust analytical skills and business sense, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to management decisions
- Proven team orientation with collaborative style. Flexible demeanor and an ability to get involved in details while balancing wider view
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high quality material with meticulous attention to details
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently when advising senior leaders
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision-making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company
- Exceptional excel/spreadsheet skills
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity in a sophisticated matrix structure
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $171,100 - $246,300
Base Salary Range Region 2: $145,500 - $209,300
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.