Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
This job has alternate locations:
- Sunnyvale, CA
- Peachtree Corners, GA
- Mexicali, Mexico
- Accountable for Quality Improvement Project (QIP) completion and ongoing sustainment and improvement of Quality Notification processes and procedures to ensure scalability and effectiveness.
- Leads efforts to finalize the new process (in flight)
- Work with the Business Units (BU) to develop the strategic roadmap for processes and procedures continuous improvement, lead the development and implementation plan, secure resources, and complete projects.
- Define long-term accountabilities and serve as business lead for Quality Notification.
- Oversee updates of SOPs, Instructions, or business processes and associated training plans.
- Is the SME for Quality Notification. Represent Intuitive during Internal and External Audits. Will be the owner of any associated audit findings in Quality Notification.
- Accountable for Quality Notification QMS processes.
- Leads Quality Notification working team; leads a cross-BU team of stakeholders through influence.
- Has formal reporting responsibilities to Product Quality and dotted reporting relationships to VP Product Quality
Roles & Responsibilities:
Process Improvement and Scalability:
- Continuously evaluate and optimize Quality Notification processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, especially as our business grows.
- Identify areas for improvement through process audits, feedback collection, and data analysis.
- Implement standardized work instructions and best practices to ensure consistent and streamlined execution across business units and global locations.
- Leverage automation tools and technologies to improve process efficiency and scalability.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by encouraging employee involvement and feedback in process enhancement initiatives.
- Serve as primary accountable person for Quality Notification and act as the representative during audits of Quality Notification.
- Manage curriculum-based training program for Quality Notification. Evaluate and enhance the effectiveness of the training program to ensure that all affected teams have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their work successfully.
Quality Notification Governance:
- Lead the Quality Notification as the Process Owner. Work with stakeholders from business units and relevant cross-functional partners.
- Develop and maintain documentation outlining the governance structure, processes, and key performance indicators.
- Develop a plan for the future state of the Quality Notification governance model. The process owner will also be accountable for this plan post implementation.
- Implement regular communication channels and meetings to ensure effective collaboration and agile decision-making.
- Oversee QMS changes. Identify, maintain, and coordinate review and approval of changes.
- Review / Approve all Quality Notification QMS documents.
- Maintain the Approval Groups in Agile
- Create a QMS roadmap that includes infrastructure needs (e.g., IT tools).
- Manage budget and headcount requests for these projects.
- Collaborate with other Quality Notification Process Owners to ensure effective QMS alignment and coordinate high-impact QMS changes across workstreams.
- Represent team in project team to implement system-level improvements.
Skill/ Job Requirements:
- Minimum BS in Engineering, Master's preferred
- A minimum 12+ years’ experience in the relevant subject matter.
- A minimum 6+ years of medical device experience or other relevant regulated industry.
- Has successfully led multiple change management and transformation. projects with effective rollout and training of new processes and procedures.
- Experience in resolving audit findings and completing CAPAs.
- Have deep knowledge of medical device regulations.
- Experienced in launching and maintaining medical device products.
- 10% domestic/international travel needed.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $155,000 - $223,000
Base Salary Range Region 2: $131,800 - $189,600
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.