Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to build a world-class supplier network for our products that can ensure continuity of supply, scale to support demand, provides cost reduction and anticipates and mitigates supply chain risks. Supplier Engineers work throughout the product development lifecycle executing strategic projects to optimize commodities, sub-commodities and individual suppliers; executing detailed projects with suppliers to implement changes and improvements affecting quality, cost, capacity, risk, and sub-supplier management and to launch new products.
This role will focus on manufacturing and failure analysis of electronic and motor parts and assemblies of part manufactured using major manufacturing methods including SMT, THT, wave and reflow soldering, or motor manufacturing and testing to UL / IEC 60601. The ideal candidate has experience bringing complex electro-mechanical devices market, preferably medical devices; has worked directly with manufacturing suppliers and component suppliers; electronics and/or motor assemblies, and has demonstrated knowledge in a variety of manufacturing technologies, supplier management, and process verification and validation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive projects to continually improve supply base business and manufacturing process performance to meet Intuitive Surgical’s requirements for supplier excellence using a collection of best practices in project management, Six Sigma, Lean, SPC and negotiation
- Work with suppliers to execute cost reductions, capacity improvements, and risk mitigation
- Examples include supplier changes, manufacturing process changes, production optimization, facility changes, new equipment qualification, and new line validations
- Improve quality and ensure continuous improvement with suppliers by utilizing structure problems solving processes such as 8D, root cause analysis, corrective actions, etc.
- Manage quality discrepancies through the execution of quality notifications
- Drive changes to ISI requirements as necessary by initiating and managing changes to specifications and drawings through the ECO process
- Manage the planning and execution of supplier change management projects
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal stakeholders to determine deliverables and define timelines
- Complete project deliverables including: Supplier pFMEA, Process Validations (IQ/OQ/PQ), Inspection Reports, Gage R&R, and Process Capability Analysis
- Lead the team in overcoming difficult process issues
- Effectively prioritize and advance multiple concurrent projects and tasks
- Clearly communicate project status to key stakeholders
- BS degree in Electrical, Biomedical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years in engineering and manufacturing, preferably in the medical, automotive, or aerospace industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations to executive level management
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- Outstanding analytical skills along with good judgment
- Ability to find common ground between various stakeholders, and bring people together to drive towards key goals
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of manufacturing processes including understanding of key input variables for quality, cost and capacity
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques, certification preferred
- Knowledgeable of GD&T certification is a plus
- Knowledgeable of IPC and 60601 or related standards
- Knowledge of 21 CFR part 820 and ISO 13485 is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP Information Systems, preferably SAP
- Experience in a high-volume medical device company is a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers on an as needed basis – domestic and international
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $139,800 - $201,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $118,800 - $171,000
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.