Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex systems for use in surgery. These systems employ a combination of reusable and single use surgical instruments and accessories for each surgical procedure. The primary function of the Sterilization Project Coordinator is to support projects where the Sterility Assurance team is responsible. This person will help to interface between internal project teams (e.g. Research and Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Engineering, Quality Engineering, etc.), external laboratories, and sterilizers, providing overall coordination of project activities and drive to project completion.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, high transaction, small and focused team environment, be able to drive to projects requiring associated timelines and schedules to be followed and have a commitment to communication between all invested parties of each project. The ability to communicate timelines required to achieve project goals is essential. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required, as is the ability to make work fun and interesting. Supporting this role will be a technical and management team that knows and cares about what you are doing and wants you to succeed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate sterilization projects with cross-functional teams, sterilizers, and laboratories and drive tasks to completion.
- Generate applicable timelines and, as warranted, goals associated with projects.
- Communicate with project stake holders regarding objectives and timelines.
- Have a working knowledge of QMS.
- Support sterilization team with QMS documentation needs for projects.
- Concurrently oversee multiple projects requiring frequent communication and collaboration between internal departments and outside services (sterilizers, suppliers, and laboratories).
- Prepare/update project status reports and metrics for all stake holders.
- Assist in implementation of completed validations.
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Minimum Education: Bachelors of Science in Microbiology, Engineering, Life Science, Chemistry or technical equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience preferred as a project coordinator or similar discipline. Experience with industrial sterilization methods (Ethylene oxide; radiation) sterilization experience is a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills to work across multiple constituents.
- Working knowledge of QMS systems and Standard documentation requirements.
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize and smoothly manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel.
- Able to manage project risk and timely escalate issues to senior management and team.
- Ability to focus, and attention to detail along with a strong track record of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Well versed in MS Office Suite.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $91,800 - $124,200
Base Salary Range Region 2: $78,000 - $105,600
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.