Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The Robotics Debug Electronics position will be responsible for providing troubleshooting, testing, repairs, and technician support for the Engineering and Manufacturing departments. This includes testing and debugging of electro-mechanical systems. This position will also support execution of product Verification and Validation activities along with providing documentation support for lead project engineers as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technician support to Manufacturing, Test Engineering, and Field Service on surgical robotic systems and follow the escalation process delivering engineering evaluation.
- Diagnose failures on Systems Mfg line (System level failures, Sub-assembly failures, Test fixture failures).
- Debug and repair PCAs (Printed Circuit Assemblies).
- Perform quick triage of the issue and recommend best course of action to keep production moving. Perform simple reworks on the spot (cable crimping, solder components, tap threads, clean optics, adjust alignments etc.).
- Perform failure analysis to component level and investigate root cause. Recommend corrective / preventive actions.
- Document & disposition non-conformance material (VR’s).
- Build cables, harnesses, test assemblies and fixtures for robotic systems.
- Support the all-engineering departments with technician tasks and execution of a broad range of verification protocols through effective prioritization and project management.
- Assist in the execution of design Verification and Validation activities in accordance with applicable medical regulatory standards.
- Follow approved Design Control procedures for product development in accordance with FDA guidelines.
- Perform other engineering technician duties as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex PCAs down to component level.
- Effectively use of troubleshooting and measurement equipment like oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, custom test platforms.
- Expert hand soldering and through-hole and surface mount rework skills.
- Experience with standard electrical and mechanical hand tools.
- Experience with reading, understanding, and modifying electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Familiarity with a broad range of electronic components and hardware.
- Solid knowledge of electromechanical system engineering principals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential with the proven ability to work well in team environment.
- Good communication skills to be able to collaborate effectively with production techs, supervisors, training dept. as well as Mfg./Design/Test Engineers.
- Working knowledge of computers, word processing and spreadsheet applications for documentation and data presentation.
- Familiarity the use of Agile or similar lifecycle management system tool.
- Minimum Associates degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of troubleshooting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 7-10+ years of experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must be able to work Monday-Thursday 7pm-5:30am 20% differential
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $77,200 - $104,400
Base Salary Range Region 2: $65,600 - $88,800
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.