Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This position is seeking a creative and flexible individual to help lead the Planning activities for the Instrument or Systems Manufacturing lines. Responsible for the overall status of order fulfillment and managing inventory levels throughout the manufacturing process. The Sr Production Planner will be assigned critical Operations, NPI or Sustaining projects to manage. Expected to seek out and recommend process improvements, assist in developing team members skill sets in the planning, take on leadership responsibilities for strategic planning activities that enable the department capabilities to scale to the growing business needs. The candidate will work with multiple cross-functional teams, Manufacturing, Supply chain, IT and Engineering teams to achieve both tactical and strategic goals assigned. This by fully understanding production demand and supply needs, balancing operational goals while incorporating Lean Manufacturing principals, and identify and coordinate issue resolution and continuous improvement opportunities with other departments. This position requires strong presentation and clear communication abilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage assigned NPI/Sustaining projects at both strategic and tactical level
- Evaluate current process and recommend continuous improvement to evolve process
- Provides mentorship through tactical training to team members to improve their skill sets in NPI/ Sustaining planning
- Lead efforts to create and/or updating work instructions (WI) & Departmental Operating Procedures (DOP)
- Lead and support department or organizational projects
- Gain project team consensus, track/ monitor scope, scope changes, project plan time lines against phase review objectives, variances and contingencies that surface during implementation of projects
- Escalate where necessary to management
- Engage Manufacturing teams in the continuous improvement process to ensure assigned projects are identified, prioritized and implemented in a timely and effective manner
- Identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with production plan milestones/targets
- Illuminate impact to supply continuity for Finished Goods Inventory (FGI)
- Applying knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems, particularly with supply constraints
- Perform capacity analysis in to support what-if scenarios, forecast changes, and plan for production growth
- Maintain department metrics; analyze trends and results
- Drive appropriate corrective actions where needed
- Provide direction to various NPI programs/projects as subject matter expert, to support product transitions to sustaining manufacturing lines
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Engineering to review proposed changes and establish Engineering Change Order (ECO) affectivity
- Execute ECO implementation requirements
- Support production activities and ensure maximum line up-time
- Take steps necessary to achieve established Planning metrics
- Determine and manage potential line shortages by analyzing build schedules, shortage reports, on hand inventory reports and supplier delivery information
- Develop communication relationship with Production, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping, and Customer Service to manage supply and demand Resolve work order variances, and determine/track root cause
- Work with Cost Accounting for month end close Monitor and adjust planning parameters in SAP Manage changes to kanban sizing due to demand fluctuation
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with SAP or similar ERP system.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent in work/education experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Agile or similar ACCS’s.
- Understanding of Materials management, RMA processing, Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing practices is desirable.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Medical device background preferred.
- Understanding of Business Information Systems (i.e. SAP, Clarify, Agile) and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a progressive manufacturing environment, 4 year degree preferred in Business Management or Engineering , preferred experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry (or similar regulated industry)
- Demonstrate the ability to operate in a regulated industry with working knowledge of ISO and regulatory restrictions
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in operating/evolving advance planning systems such as O9, SAP, AS400 or Oracle. S4 Hana experience is a plus
- Advanced MS Office skills, understanding of vlookup, Pivot tables, macro recordings, data tables, charting, data sorting segregation and formula auditing
- Presents ideas effectively in formal and informal situations
- Conveys thoughts clearly and concisely
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management
- Advanced SAP/ERP experience, troubleshoot IT issues that surface with little to no assistance from business applications
- Lead department customization transaction Tcode enhancements for business needs
- Ability to communicate in a succinct and organized manner, appropriate for context, time and place
- Expert knowledge of business disciplines production planning and supply chain management
- Ability to perform with greater independence and judgment, receiving general supervision from senior management
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the organization
- Exposure to low volume, high complexity capital equipment or high volume, low complexity products
- Highly analytical: critical-thinker; strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail; due to the speed and rate of change occurring in this manufacturing environment, must be able to problem solve and think independently
- Flexible: adaptable and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Motivated: enthusiastic; strives for excellence; continually seeks to improve self and company; ability and strong desire to grow with the company; leads by example
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- APICS certification a plus
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $110,700 - $159,300
Base Salary Range Region 2: $94,100 - $135,500
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.