Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The digital data platform group within Intuitive has an immediate opening in Sunnyvale, CA, for a Senior Software Engineer focusing on taking our robotic data streaming platforms to the next level of IoT ubiquity. A successful candidate will excel in a high-energy focused team environment, must have excellent communication skills, and must be able to balance independent production of results with the need to collaborate during planning, development, integration, and evaluation of research concepts and minimum viable products. The ability to learn existing systems rapidly and drive to creative, yet practical, solutions from rough requirements are essential in this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Envision and implement the future robot’s data pipeline that is versatile and has high performance
- Partner with data tools and processing teams to ensure that the solution you build encompasses their needs and integrate your work with those tools
- Perform formal risk analysis and develop software mitigations
- Your work will be integrated into and supported on all intuitive products (Xi, X, SP, Ion, and all future products)
- Your system will have good forward and backward compatibility and ensure robust cross-product testing and validation.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field and 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience building distributed embedded applications
- Experience building flexible reusable system API's for robotic, IoT, or large scale distributed systems
- A minimum 4+ years of hands-on experience with C/C++ and Python
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with data serialization libraries and techniques. We use Protobuf & gRPC in most places but are also interested with your experience in Thrift, Cap'n Proto, Avro, Parquet or MessagePack
- Experience implementing pub-sub and streaming designs
- Experience with cybersecurity elements (such as SSL, TLS, PKI, JWT) is a plus
- Experience with medical device software development life cycle is a plus
- Experience with industrial embedded OS (e.g. Yocto, QNX) and cross-compilation is a plus
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $167,900 - $241,500
Base Salary Range Region 2: $142,700 - $205,300
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.