Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This position will implement and execute marketing programs for the assigned territory and drive adoption and growth of da Vinci surgical procedures. The focus will be in strategic growth areas for General Surgery, Urology, Gynecology and Thoracic Surgery with potential further expansion towards other clinical indications. The Marketing Manager is also expected to work with cross-functional sales and training teams, working closely with the European marketing group.
The primary function of this position is to be able to execute on the following global marketing standards at a local level:
- Understand the market – Open/MIS rate, National outcomes, surgeon/patient/hospital segments, reimbursement levels, incumbent surgical techniques and KOLs etc.
- Maintain alignment on target procedures/products – Help define what is being driven and why within commercial org and keep all teams focused on this “commercial strategy”.
- Build Value Props Stories, Tools, Events and Engage 3Ps (Physician, Patient, Provider) with them - targeted in the right sequence.
- Develop Speaker/Teacher /Executive KOLs – with strong technique, outcomes, and use of advanced technology.
- Quantify the impact (QTI) – clinical, economic, strategic evidence - of key daVinci surgeons/hospitals as references.
- Align with relevant Surgical and Executive societies on daVinci surgery to ensure support and partnership.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Understand your market:
- Develop and execute marketing tactics with a focus on General Surgery, Urology, Gynecology and Thoracic Surgery. This will include detailed activities to be implemented in a defined timeline and budget in alignment with Director Marketing Western Europe, strong collaboration with the European marketing team and local sales leadership.
- Strong partnering with clinical and capital sales teams in a growing competitive environment for analysis, targeting and action planning purposes.
Maintain alignment on target procedures/products:
- Work closely with local Market Access and Clinical Affairs to develop and implement publication strategies that will support procedure adoption goals.
- Collaborate with Training department to identify and support the development of regional sales team. Deliver content for company meetings.
- In collaboration with EU marketing drive product launch at country level
Build Value Props Stories, Tools, Events and Engage 3Ps:
- Deliver corporate clinical & capital marketing and sales tools to achieve short and long-term goals for procedures /sales quotas, products, and system sales.
Develop Speaker/Teacher/ CaseObs / Executive KOLs
- Partner with key surgeon champions (KOLs) to develop and implement leading robotic clinical education programs and symposia to drive competency and utilization of da VinciÒ Surgery.
- Develop proctors based on surgical, clinical, and teaching expertise to implement safe and effective reproducible surgical techniques with improve clinical outcomes.
Quantify the impact (QTI) – clinical, economic, strategic evidence:
- Work closely with Local Market Access Manager team to assist in development and execution of cost effectiveness/ value strategies in key markets.
- Collect, analyze, and share competitive data for strategic positioning and initiatives.
- Validate Clinical and Economical data with reference case observation center, key surgeon champions (KOLs) and proctors.
Align with relevant Surgical and Executive societies:
- Develop and implement Intuitive’s presence at key national conferences, including robotics symposia, postgraduate (PG) courses, live surgical broadcasts, tradeshow booth promotion and presence.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- University's degree in life science or business discipline.
- 8+ years of experience including 3 years of Clinical/Product marketing experience in a therapeutic medical device company, General Surgery, Urology, Gynecology or Thoracic experience preferred.
- Strong Clinical, Surgical and/or Operating Theatre (Room) experience desired.
- Proven ability to effectively position and procedure/product messages and develop strong sales support to drive desired adoption.
- Demonstrated success in building clinical education and marketing programs to drive product/procedure growth.
- Proven success integrating business insights into broad Marketing strategies and plans Experienced managing departmental and cross-functional projects in the medical device or related industry.
- A keen ability to manage projects, keeping budget, organizing, prioritizing, and coping with multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to influence peers, build credibility with a highly educated customer base.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal work across multiple constituents.
- Strong knowledge of the MS Office product suite.
- Fluent in French & English.
- Field position, ability to travel 50% (Domestic, international).
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Travel: 50% of the time