Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
A Field Service Engineer 1 will install, support, troubleshoot, repair, and otherwise maintain all Intuitive products in their assigned territory ensuring all service agreements and warranty obligations are fulfilled and exceeding customer expectations. This requires expertise in electro-mechanical systems, specialized training, as well as excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Perform all types of scheduled maintenance activities for your assigned territory including, but not limited to; system inspections, preventive maintenance, software updates, system recalls, field actions, and upgrades
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all Intuitive products and associated equipment within your specified territory in accordance with procedures and within designated timeframes.
- Coordinate and perform system and hardware delivery and installation
- Competent in knowledge and implementation of O.R. protocol and HIPAA standards
- Complete all administrative duties, which include but not limited to; Spare parts inventory, Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports etc. within the prescribed timeframes
- Maintain all Intuitive provided items to include; issued tooling, calibrated tool sets, employee vehicle, laptops, iPads, and any other company owned or issued assets
- Support Intuitive teams as required to facilitate company objectives; e.g. Assist Sales teams with trade show support as required, assist Genesis teams with sterile reprocessing training as required, provide hospital contacts to other Intuitive teams as required, etc…
- Provide feedback to HQ and take part in continuous improvement projects as required to improve processes and find efficiencies
- Complete all required training items to include, but not limited to; equipment training for all Intuitive products in your assigned territory, Intuitive Surgical University classes as required, and professional development courses as required by management
- Maintain all aspects of your assigned territory to include, but not limited to; responding to customer needs, maintaining system Ibase configurations, customer contacts, establishing a rapport with assigned customer base, supporting customer training and events as required
- Provide technical support to end-users and other Intuitive employees
- Conduct training sessions at ISI, training centers and hospitals
- Understand and comply with all department and company policies
- Provide management with a quarterly territory review and assessment
- Complete all administrative tasks in the required time frame
- Ability to Travel ~60% within the travel and expense policy
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by management
- Reside within 30 miles of assigned territory location
- Willing to work a flex shift, second shift, or other type of shift as required by territory assignment and management
- Demonstrate individual characteristics expected of Intuitive personnel (e.g. Character, capacity, energy, experience)
Competency is based on education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual should have:
- 0-2 years of Field Service Experience preferred
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent training/experience preferred
- Proven track record of troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- General computer skills
- Comfortable working off hours with limited support
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. and move wheeled objects up to 1,200 lbs.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $70,300 - $95,100
Base Salary Range Region 2: $63,200 - $85,600
Travel: 50% of the time
Workplace Type: Remote - This job will be remote and/or the job is designed to be performed outside of the office. Employees will come onsite when requested by the leader.