Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position
The Lead Data Steward, Finance & Sales Ops will lead the master data governance function in support of the Finance & Sales Operations (FSO) departments at Intuitive. The successful candidate will collaborate with various Finance & Sales Ops verticals to build sustainable data, reporting, security, and business process governance standards. They will oversee the quality and integrity of data loaded into our business systems and will work closely with FSO team members to proactively address data integrity issues. This role will own and maintain all master data attributes that are critical to the FSO organization. This role will focus on the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, governance, semantic consistency, and accountability of master data assets. Additionally, they will be responsible for creating actionable dashboards and exception reporting to monitor our data sets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement a master data governance framework with a focus on excellent data stewardship and high data integrity
- Partner cross-functionally with IT systems owners, Enterprise Architecture data owners, & Finance business process owners to implement and support master data governance standards
- Foster a strong culture of data, reporting, security, and business process governance across the organization
- Understand and influence how master data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes
- Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities
- Solid project management skills to guide point-in-time and ongoing targeted data quality, retention, security, privacy and ethics improvement projects
- Ability to influence at all levels to drive adoption of data governance policies
- Root cause, analyze, and resolve data inconsistencies and quality issues
- Build and maintain the FSO data dictionary
- Support and lead a culture of inclusion, diversity and collaboration within the FSO organization
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with MDM tools and technology in a Data Governance role
- CDMP certification preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities with an acute attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to plan and manage numerous processes and projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- A value-add, business partnering mindset, with a passion for continuous improvement and being best-in-class in a collaborative environment
- Strategic mindset to craft and deliver on a vision while executing on tactical initiatives
- Self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and the ability to establish clear priorities and goals
- Experience documenting data models and database and application architectures
- Strong data analysis techniques (SQL / Python), ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Experience working with relational databases to create insightful dashboards in Tableau
- Minimum Bachelors degree required in information technology or business field; Masters preferred
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $118,900 - $171,100
Base Salary Range Region 2: $101,100 - $145,500
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.