At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Draft, provide counsel, analyze, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements (including for and as to marketing, clinical trials, applied research, grants, customer training, antitrust and pricing models, and non-disclosures).
This is a “hands on” position that will work very closely with other members of the legal department to support the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements including grants, marketing, customer training agreements.
- Provide advice to internal business stakeholders and advise on best practices relating to transactional agreements and all contracts.
- Assess and negotiate agreements to ensure adherence to required contractual terms and conditions.
- Act as an escalation path for nondisclosure and other miscellaneous agreements.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders when negotiating agreements to ensure all stakeholders' interests are covered.
- Conduct legal research to find optimal solutions in various commercial engagements.
- Ensure that contract files/databases for all agreements are maintained by paralegals.
- Legal review and analysis of internal and external marketing materials
- Continuously evaluate and update relevant processes and procedures.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years legal experience, preferably some experience in medical device, life sciences, or FDA regulated industry.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills, including experience with commercial agreement matters.
- Some familiarity with litigation and advocacy a plus
- Experience counseling on or providing training related to antitrust/competition issues that come up in a day-to-day business context, including activities related to pricing, interactions with competitors, a plus.
- Several years of law firm or government agency legal experience required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Highly professional, considerate, and motivated to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage outside counsel.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement cross-functional processes.
- Minimum JD degree
- Admission to the Bar of at least one US jurisdiction
- Some travel required.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $184,700 - $265,900
Base Salary Range Region 2: $157,000 - $226,000
Travel: 10% of the time
Workplace Type: Purposeful Onsite - This job requires being onsite for leader-defined events and activities which could be monthly/annually. Onsite frequency may increase based on business need.