Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive is looking for an experienced senior privacy professional to join our privacy and data protection team and support our APAC (Asia-Pacific) businesses. Reporting to our lead privacy and data protection counsel, this position will ensure coordination across the APAC region for all privacy issues., as well as become the subject matter expert on all aspects of APAC privacy laws and regulations for Taiwan, India, China and other applicable APAC markets. As the point APAC data privacy resource, this position will lead APAC privacy efforts in support of product and service development, functional and partner needs, consumer and healthcare privacy practices, and personal information accountability. Roles & Responsibilities: This is a senior position with project and program ownership. The successful candidate will have extensive experience advising on product and application development, assessing and advising on real-world privacy situations, and supporting strategic decisions as the APAC privacy SME.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Advise on all aspects of applicable APAC privacy laws and regulations, including PIPL, Digital Personal Data Protection Bill and emerging laws and trends
- Guide product development teams for new products and services from concept to operation
- Work closely with other privacy counsel to develop global company privacy approaches
- Develop and deliver training
- Advise on NDAs, DPAs and other agreements involving use and protection of personal information
- Support data subject requests or queries relating to Intuitive’s privacy and data protection practices
- Develop contacts and participate in professional organization that enhance the understanding of APAC privacy law developments
Education, & Training, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 12+ years of experience with privacy laws, particularly in Japan, South Korea, India, Taiwan or China, required
- Degree in law, JD, licensed and in good standing to practice law required. A Master’s degree will be a plus
- CIPP or equivalent certification required
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills with the ability to balance business needs with legal risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate legal advice, solicit input and gather information verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and working with teams at various levels of an organization
- Considerable interpersonal skills, preferably with experience working with international clientele
- Implementing Privacy by Design for medical device and/or digital healthcare products preferred
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple matters simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment, while seeking supervision and guidance when necessary
- Relevant certifications, technical background, and language skills a plus
- Project management and compliance experience preferred
- Able to coach and train others on areas of competence
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $180,400 - $259,600
Base Salary Range Region 2: $153,300 - $220,700
Travel: 25% of the time
Workplace Type: Set Schedule - This job will be onsite weekly, the percentage of onsite work will be defined by the leader.