Company DescriptionAt Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
This is a critical operations management role, leading the manufacturing team producing our Single Port Instruments, Accessories and Endoscope. This is a fast-paced environment focused on Sustaining Manufacturing and New Product Introductions; the goals will include various metrics such as Output, Efficiency, Yield, Defects/Unit, Workmanship Quality Scrap, and Direct Labor Costs. This position will be responsible for personnel management, weekly achievement of goals and strategic planning for Systems production.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish aggressive quarterly departmental goals, develop and drive programs to achieve them
- Drive improvements in safety, production, quality, cost, and delivery
- Allocate resources appropriately to achieve departmental objectives
- Work effectively with other departments to ensure that the production area has all of the necessary inputs in place in order to achieve the desired production outputs Report to senior management on the status of the production process
- Develop leadership personnel within the department in order to enable future departmental and company growth Establish and lead Lean Manufacturing practices within the department
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for staff Maintain compliance within the department to all applicable regulatory requirements
- Maintain compliance within the department to company safety policies
- Develop and manage departmental budget
- Collaborate cross functionally with Mfg Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and other support teams to achieve goals
- Lead Mfg team for Mfg activities on New Product Development programs including participation in DFx, Line set up and Process optimization
- Analyze metrics produced from Data Analytics teams to set goals and drive actions with Mfg and support teams.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Production Operations Management or related fields and 10 years of applicable work experience, including at least 3 years of previous supervisory or management experience
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of lean manufacturing, DFT, and quality techniques
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to perform daily work
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and MRP systems
- SAP and Agile experience preferred
- Superb communication skills, including written and verbal instruction
- The ideal candidate will have a love for a fast-paced and multi-focused work environment
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who do not reside, or plan to reside, in Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits, and equity. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including experience, skills, and qualifications. The target salary ranges are listed.
Base Salary Range Region 1: $131,200 - $188,800
Base Salary Range Region 2: $111,500 - $160,500
Workplace Type: Onsite - This job is fully onsite.